• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sherrod Martin still starting this week?

Mr ocho nueve

Once again I must tell you to read. I complained because he drafted Martin to play Corner when Sean Smith was still available. Not to mention it was a reach. He most likely would have been there at least in the 3rd if not the 4th.

He maybe would've lasted slightly into the 3rd. He wouldn't have been there when we picked again. He was a good player in college.

Smith was a finesse guy who didn't like to hit. Martin was a physical guy who had some coverage skills. Which sounds more like a fit for our team?

You're right that the draft is a crapshoot and Smith could end up being a monster and all, but I don't really blame them for the pick.

The 6'4" CB with great hands and solid cover skills sounds like the better fit to me. Not the guy who played FS in college. Listen I like Martin and think he was a good pick in hindsight but the conversion to back to CB obviously wasn't going that great a 7th round pick beat him out (either that or Captain is just that damn good). What about a guy playing better in the position he played in college.

Man, I'm done arguing with you. All you do is spin and back track because, in reality, you didn't know a damn thing about Martin before he was drafted so you just assumed that he couldn't play before he ever took a snap.

You are correct I had not heard or read anything about Martin. But as soon as he became a panther I of course wanted him to suceed. I just would have rather have gotten Smith. Now I will leave it be. I have had my say.

Archived