• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pros and Cons Offensive vs Defensive Coordinator as HC

DaveThePanther2008

We've seen the DC coordinator route for HC.  While we have had some really good defenses it seems that the offensive side of the ball was under managed.  I can only think of Chudzinski as the only decent offensive coordinator we've had since Dan Henning left. 

I think it is easier for a team to lose a defensive coordinator and replace with a member of the staff and keep rolling.  We saw McDermott and Wilks leave and our defense continued to be good.    We also saw the opposite when we lost Chudz.  We could never find a coordinator to take over and keep going.  

So I believe, if we are going to let Wilks go after this season than our choice should be a good offensive mind that will stay in power and our scheme won't really change much when the OC moves on to be a head coach.  Hopefully, we have a DC like McDermott and we keep filling the DC spot with proteges of the departed DC. 

Thoughts

Edited by DaveThePanther2008