• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 55: Bobcats @ LA Clippers

HeatCheck

We're still playoff bound. And until I see the Bobs mishandle contract situations like the Panthers did Jake & Pep, hell yes they're better and in a better position for the future. Until one of their star players like G-Force comes out and basically says he doesnt think he can achieve his goals here and we have to force him to play here cuz he doesnt want to resign here, yes the Bobs front office is better.

So I guess being a sub-.500 team means that we are successful. God how our expectations are set so low for this team.

The Bobcats have been playing for 6 seasons and have not sniffed the playoffs. We have had lottery picks in all 6 drafts, yet we still struggle mightly to even make the playoffs....or even be a .500 team.

After the horrible picks this FO has made over the past 6 seasons, how can a sane person anoint them a great management group.

They have been the WORST drafting team in the entire league.

We're still playoff bound. And until I see the Bobs mishandle contract situations like the Panthers did Jake & Pep, hell yes they're better and in a better position for the future. Until one of their star players like G-Force comes out and basically says he doesnt think he can achieve his goals here and we have to force him to play here cuz he doesnt want to resign here, yes the Bobs front office is better.

How can you say they are better? You're talking about a team that in one year has dealt with more contract situations then the Bobcats have dealt with in their entire existence. There are so many great draft picks and great free agents the panthers have brought in. Yes there are some bad decisions but you're dealing with a hell of a lot more people. The Bobcats have made the worst draft selections i have ever seen. They have a owner who you constantly praise that is trying to get the hell out of here as fast as he can. There is nothing that makes the bobcats front office better. What cause they are finally in the playoff hunt for the first time? I love the Bobcats but right now they are not run better. They are definitely on the up but no where near the Panthers yet. And if your wonderful owner dumps the team to Postolos there is no telling where this team will stand next year.

So I guess being a sub-.500 team means that we are successful. God how our expectations are set so low for this team.

I agree. 15 years of football and the franchise is still sub .500. LOL. No back to back winning seasons, but the Panthers are an example of a "successful franchise". Put it this way, the Bobcats have 28 games to win 15 and post a winning record for the year. If they manage to do that just 3 more times in the next 9 years (1 winning season per 3 years) they will have matched the Panthers "success". LOL. All this in an environment where the owner doesnt have the luxury of forcing his customers to buy season tickets (PSLs) and he doesnt have a local media in his backpocket to tell us how lucky we are to have him field mediocre teams for us.

The Bobcats have been playing for 6 seasons and have not sniffed the playoffs. We have had lottery picks in all 6 drafts, yet we still struggle mightly to even make the playoffs....or even be a .500 team.

Most NBA franchises dont come out the gate making the playoffs. It took the Hornets 5 years before they made their first playoff, most franchises take even longer. The Bobcats are one of the biggest surprise stories in the NBA this year and will make the playoffs.

After the horrible picks this FO has made over the past 6 seasons, how can a sane person anoint them a great management group.

You're going overboard calling us the WORST drafting team in the league. We havent been successful with the draft, but again when you can actually lure free agents and make good trades you can overcome that. I wouldnt call them great, just better than the Panthers. The Panthers are going into this offseason letting their fans know they arent even tryna compete next year. With the "impending lockout", Richardsons more worried about his owner buddies than the PSL owners he's gotten rich off of. No spending money in FA, lame duck coach, keeping Jake Delhomme, tell not only Charlotteans, but the entire sportsworld that the Panthers have done w

First in the NBA there is less parity than the NFL, if you look at the dominate teams most of them have 1,2, or 3 Stars on their teams... These players are not easy to come by.... Charlotte is not a attractive basketball city so you’re not going to lure the top FA's and we have not been in position to draft a Durant, l. James.

With the draft yes we have been in the lottery, but you have to look at our position and the available talent in those drafts. For the most part there has been 1-2 maybe 3 low risk game changers entering the draft each season... Because we don't finish at the very bottom and haven't won the lottery it is hard to get our hands on these players...

Because of this we've been stuck at mediocrity or just below average. Even still the Front office has done everything they can to make us competitive.

Have we drafted well... NO! However the 2nd half of the lottery has proven to be a crap shoot almost.

How can you say they are better? You're talking about a team that in one year has dealt with more contract situations then the Bobcats have dealt with in their entire existence. There are so many great draft picks and great free agents the panthers have brought in. Yes there are some bad decisions but you're dealing with a hell of a lot more people.

-2 1st round draft picks for Sean Gilbert :lol:

-"trading" Bill Polian to Indy for 3rd round compensation (Jim Irsay says this is the foundation to Indy's success the past 10 years)

-"extending" Jake Delhomme.

The Bobcats have never made such HORRIBLE decisions EVER. All 3 of those are major reasons why the Panthers have never had sustained success. The Bobcats have never gone the equivalent of 1-15 either. :lol:

Bobcats have made the worst draft selections i have ever seen. They have a owner who you constantly praise that is trying to get the hell out of here as fast as he can. There is nothing that makes the bobcats front office better. What cause they are finally in the playoff hunt for the first time? I love the Bobcats but right now they are not run better. They are definitely on the up but no where near the Panthers yet. And if your wonderful owner dumps the team to Postolos there is no telling where this team will stand next year.

The team will stand in Charlotte like it has the past 6 years. Things are on the up and up. As far as I know, Jack, Gerald, and the rest of the gang want to be here and re-signing our studs hasnt been a problem. As far as I know Michael, Larry, & Bob ARE gonna spend money EVERY year and do whats best for the Bobcats, not whats best for the NBA brand. They are obligated to their fans, and not Bob's owner buddies. As far as I know, the Bobcats have their logo on their home court, and not the NBA's because our owner feels he owes the other owners for life for letting him in the "club". :lol:

-2 1st round draft picks for Sean Gilbert :lol:

-"trading" Bill Polian to Indy for 3rd round compensation (Jim Irsay says this is the foundation to Indy's success the past 10 years)

-"extending" Jake Delhomme.

The Bobcats have never made such HORRIBLE decisions EVER. All 3 of those are major reasons why the Panthers have never had sustained success. The Bobcats have never gone the equivalent of 1-15 either. :lol:

The team will stand in Charlotte like it has the past 6 years. Things are on the up and up. As far as I know, Jack, Gerald, and the rest of the gang want to be here and re-signing our studs hasnt been a problem. As far as I know Michael, Larry, & Bob ARE gonna spend money EVERY year and do whats best for the Bobcats, not whats best for the NBA brand. They are obligated to their fans, and not Bob's owner buddies. As far as I know, the Bobcats have their logo on their home court, and not the NBA's because our owner feels he owes the other owners for life for letting him in the "club". :lol:

I think you need to read my post again because you're clearly not getting it. You're starting to sound ridicules. THERE ARE MORE PLAYERS TO DEAL WITH IN THE NFL. Who cares about some stupid logo. You're really one of those logo guys? You talk about Bob spending all this money yet he won't be a owner in a couple of months. So i guess you mean he is going to spend all this money he makes on selling the team on a vacation or something. Bobcats mistakes: Adam Morrison, Sean May, Diop, Nazr(even though he is playing well right now), Sam Vincent, Alexis Ajinca(sp) and soon to be on that list Tyson Chandler. Thats only 6 years and what? 90 players give or take a few? The panthers have that in training camp in one year. There is going to be more errors when dealing with more people.

Archived