• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Even if we did keep Peppers

panthers1789

Peppers was pretty honest with us about not liking the defense system the Panthers play. He feels he can do better with a different structure. This is the structure Fox picked and Turgocrap is his boy, so it is what it is.

I can't see changing what you have to make ONE guy happy but at the same time, I really hope this wakes up some eyes down in Carolina about our coaching staff and what direction we're going in. If this is our system, fine. Let Peppers go and draft guys who can fill it. Plus, look at weaknesses of the system... like oursecondary being exposed and Lucas and his overpaid a**.

Another factor about Peppers, from what I read, is that he doesn't want to destroy our salary cap and leave us broke. It's true... The Panthers aren't the Redskins or Cowboys and we don't drop serious money. The last time I can remember, when we went retarded on player salaries, was with Sean Gilbert! The Panthers can't afford what Peppers wants and what Peppers knows he can get. He would rather go to a team where he can play, be the highest paid DE of all time, and somehow not have it destroy the franchise. He respects Richardson too much to do that.

He had been talking with the Richardsons for months about signing and after awhile, just realized that they couldn't afford him or would have to make major cuts to do so. It's like accepting a gift from somebody who just lost their job... it's a pretty sh*tty feeling. haha Peppers isn't like Steve Smith... Smith got paid and paid well but he wasn't here to clear our bank roll and being a small market franchise, like we are, that matters.

As far as where Peppers goes now to play, it'll be interesting. He is a shy guy by nature. If he signs a huge contract, he'll be the center of attention and one of the things I felt he always liked about Charlotte, was the ability to hide out. It isn't New York and it certainly isn't like playing for the media circus Cowboys.

Pep has done wonderful things for this organization and I truly admire him as an athlete but the Panthers know that they can't tie this much money up in one player....all they can do is hug him, shake his hand and hold the door open for him.....with proper compensation of course :cool:

Archived