• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What recent developments mean, and what to expect

BlindSite

If he doesn't sign the tender, it makes sence that the tag amount would not go agaisnt the cap. And no one really knows what our cap space is like or will be like in a month.

BTW, PeppersOut, are you Julius Peppers. Every post I've seen from you seems as bitchy and whiney as that statement Peppers released. Just wondering...

for us to trade him he has to sign the tender, if he doesn't he isn't considered to be part of our roster and therefore can't be traded. So for us to trade him he has to sign the tender thus hitting us with the 17 million until we trade him.

Keep dreaming...

If you want to have a discussion I'd be happy to provide you with an education. If not, act like a bitch, and continue living life as a moron.

I don't think we can sign Gross until we get Peppers traded, because we won't have enough money to have $17 million tag and Gross' new contract on the books at the same time. Meaning, if we already used the tag on Peppers, Gross may want to go test free agency. It's kind of a catch 22.

Gross wants to stay, as far as all sources have indicated Gross is going no where. The team is apparently extremely close to signing him and they franchised him because they couldn't get a few details worked out before certain deadlines.

for us to trade him he has to sign the tender, if he doesn't he isn't considered to be part of our roster and therefore can't be traded. So for us to trade him he has to sign the tender thus hitting us with the 17 million until we trade him.

Well, technically as soon as he's hit with the tag he remains our property, the money doesn't become a cap issue until he signs it.

Franchise tagging means he can negotiate, if he can't find anyone to sign with then he signs the tender costing us money. That 17mill won't matter unless he signs the tender, which isn't happening.

Archived