• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes game in Russia

Goosfraba21

Yeah they played St. Petersberg SKA of the KHL. It was a rough game. Lot's of cheap shots taken by SKA. Maurice held Staal out of the third period because they were taking runs at him. Gleason pounded some Russian after a cheap shot on Staal. Gleason was ejected. Landed about 7 or 8 solid punches to the guys face. It was great.

Yeah they played St. Petersberg SKA of the KHL. It was a rough game. Lot's of cheap shots taken by SKA. Maurice held Staal out of the third period because they were taking runs at him. Gleason pounded some Russian after a cheap shot on Staal. Gleason was ejected. Landed about 7 or 8 solid punches to the guys face. It was great.

Why the NHL even allows their teams to play these scrappy little rat teams is beyond me.

Yeah it was huge over in Russia. They had like 2 hours of pre-game ceremonies. Gleason is one tough s.o.b. I remember last year(I think) when he got about 12 stitches in his face and came back and scored the game winner in overtime.

They took a run at Skinner too. He barely dodged a knee on knee hit that would have probably injured him. Canes didn't play bad the Russians just played dirty.

Can't wait till Thursday and Friday. Start of the season. Both games on Versus.

Archived