• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How can anyone justify Moore over Clausen at this point?

Carl Spackler

Using that logic, everyone who likely won"t be here next season should be benched in favor of younger guys. We think Williams will leave, Marshall likely will, it is even possible Smith could. You can say they are playing for value, but you also risk them losing value. With our horrible line play Williams isn't getting many yards so his value won't increase. Our defense stays on the field which will cause Marshall to get tired and look bad which won't increase his value. I think if you are going to use that logic to justify Clausen starting, then it should be used to start all our young guys who will be here next year. They need experience just as much as Clausen does.

Chef I see what you are trying too say but you are wrong.

1st Williams is not losing value because most teams and other coaches blame the line not the RB's for the lack of our running game. This is why teams are calling about his avalibity. Him and smith for that matter. You have already explain why Marshall won't be blame and won't lose much value so why go their.

2nd Losing williams or Smith will be their choice not the teams. It would be seen as a stupid move too lose either without some form of compensation. Be real your a new coach who are you trying too keep Dwill or Moore? You will say Dwill and that anwser your ? they are not in the same catagory. If we lose Dwill big hurt we lose Moore not so much.

3rd Unless you feel like moore will take us too the playoffs why would you start him?

I've ask this ? before what in coming coaching staff has RESIGNED a QB to come back too a losing team? Sorry but it has never happen so unless you feel like moore can pull a brady (again be realistic) what would him starting do for the future of this team? It is more helpful if you find out if Jimmy can play then losing with moore because jimmy has a better chance (because he is under contract ) too be here after this season.

Chef I see what you are trying too say but you are wrong.

1st Williams is not losing value because most teams and other coaches blame the line not the RB's for the lack of our running game. This is why teams are calling about his avalibity. Him and smith for that matter. You have already explain why Marshall won't be blame and won't lose much value so why go their.

2nd Losing williams or Smith will be their choice not the teams. It would be seen as a stupid move too lose either without some form of compensation. Be real your a new coach who are you trying too keep Dwill or Moore? You will say Dwill and that anwser your ? they are not in the same catagory. If we lose Dwill big hurt we lose Moore not so much.

3rd Unless you feel like moore will take us too the playoffs why would you start him?

I've ask this ? before what in coming coaching staff has RESIGNED a QB to come back too a losing team? Sorry but it has never happen so unless you feel like moore can pull a brady (again be realistic) what would him starting do for the future of this team? It is more helpful if you find out if Jimmy can play then losing with moore because jimmy has a better chance (because he is under contract ) too be here after this season.

I didn't say Williams or Marshall will lose value, I said their value won't increase. So if we want to get compensation for them it wouldn't matter if we trade them now or later, their value will be the same and we would be getting more game experience for younger guys. I also never said Moore should start. I was simply pointing out that your logic for starting Clausen can also be used to support starting other young guys.

I didn't say Williams or Marshall will lose value, I said their value won't increase. So if we want to get compensation for them it wouldn't matter if we trade them now or later, their value will be the same and we would be getting more game experience for younger guys. I also never said Moore should start. I was simply pointing out that your logic for starting Clausen can also be used to support starting other young guys.

Point is if we don't trade them by the trade deadline. It might be out of this FO hands any way it will be their choice not the teams weather they play here or not.

Again my point is it's not the same thing you can try too paint a picture but Moore situation and Dwill situation are not in the sme frame. One is playing for big money one is playing for his pro life.

Point is if we don't trade them by the trade deadline. It might be out of this FO hands any way it will be their choice not the teams weather they play here or not.

Again my point is it's not the same thing you can try too paint a picture but Moore situation and Dwill situation are not in the sme frame. One is playing for big money one is playing for his pro life.

I understand the different situation. I just think if you sit one guy because he likely wont be here you have to do the same thing across the board. We just have a difference of opinion.

I understand the different situation. I just think if you sit one guy because he likely wont be here you have to do the same thing across the board. We just have a difference of opinion.

It's not a likely won't be here thing with Dwill. If they don't trade him they will do everything in their power to resign him.

If moore doesn't pull a brady they won't make the same effort.

Right or wrong

It's not a likely won't be here thing with Dwill. If they don't trade him they will do everything in their power to resign him.

If moore doesn't pull a brady they won't make the same effort.

Right or wrong

I can agree with that. But the problem is, does Dwill actually want to stay and wait around to rebuild.

Only Smith is under contract I think. The rest I named would have been FA.

JMO I think JR or Marty have already made it known that they will be taking care of after CBA agreement is settled. That's we nobody was holding out like VJ and Revis. Plus we haven't heard anything about Smith trying too force a trade. Which if i was him would have happen 3 weeks ago.

Oh I thought more of them were under contract. IMO they should probably begin looking into extending those guys contracts to see if they want to stay.

JR has made it known he won't extend anybody until after the CBA is settled.

Which makes me feel that some of these player know they will be getting big deals after this. Nobody has tried a holdout or ask for a new contract. Which is very dangerous because if you get a major injury while playing on a 1 year deal you are fuged. I think agents and player have already been alerted to the FO's plan for them even Thomas Davis.

Richardson is no dummy, he's spent some big bucks the last few seasons. 16 million to Peppers for 1 year, D. Lewis had a nice contract, Kemoeatu (how ever you spell his name) DT was going to make around 6 million this year I believe. They cut costs big time, and saved alot of money. Besides giving Delhomme 12 million for a Good By present, thanks a lot Hurney.

So JR blows this year off, which blows balls for the fans (I'm not to happy with him at the moment). But I believe he made all the cuts to to sign key players to big contracts next year or for the next year if there's no football next year. Beason, D. Williams, Kalil. And if we get a top5 first round pick in the next draft...

I know we are young now but with good coaching, and keeping key players around, we will be a really good team for years to come if everything falls into place like it should. And with Clausen, he's not showing us to much right now but that's why you keep playing him this year so he can keep learning and getting better. Once we get Otah back, we should see a huge jump from the O-line with better protecting for Clausen and better blocking for our RB's.

I guess I'm looking at the glass half full, but I do really really want to start winning games now!!! We shall wait and see....

Richardson is no dummy, he's spent some big bucks the last few seasons. 16 million to Peppers for 1 year, D. Lewis had a nice contract, Kemoeatu (how ever you spell his name) DT was going to make around 6 million this year I believe. They cut costs big time, and saved alot of money. Besides giving Delhomme 12 million for a Good By present, thanks a lot Hurney.

So JR blows this year off, which blows balls for the fans (I'm not to happy with him at the moment). But I believe he made all the cuts to to sign key players to big contracts next year or for the next year if there's no football next year. Beason, D. Williams, Kalil. And if we get a top5 first round pick in the next draft...

I know we are young now but with good coaching, and keeping key players around, we will be a really good team for years to come if everything falls into place like it should. And with Clausen, he's not showing us to much right now but that's why you keep playing him this year so he can keep learning and getting better. Once we get Otah back, we should see a huge jump from the O-line with better protecting for Clausen and better blocking for our RB's.

I guess I'm looking at the glass half full, but I do really really want to start winning games now!!! We shall wait and see....

God bless you we need more Fans like You!!!:party::party:

Archived