• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith on Punt Returns

chknwing

I sort of like Smith back there again. Alot of the times when he catches a pass it seems like a punt return. It obviously provided a spark after that 2nd punt return. The only thing I don't like about it is it could cause him to be injuried. But if he is up to it which I'm sure he went to John and asked to return the punts but I would'nt mind seeing him there every now and then.

I wanted him to outrun number ninety whatever on the 49ers, and he couldn't even though he had the space to accelerate.

He did well, and yeah just coming off of an injury that probably isn't fully healed affects him. I just want to see Smith make people miss like I believe he should.

Even Devin Hester gets tackled, dude. Just because it's Smith doesn't mean 30-50 yds every time he catches a punt.

Even Devin Hester gets tackled, dude. Just because it's Smith doesn't mean 30-50 yds every time he catches a punt.

Go reread my post and maybe take a class on reading comprehension.

Did I say that he should return it for 30+ every time? No I didn't.

Go reread my post and maybe take a class on reading comprehension.

Did I say that he should return it for 30+ every time? No I didn't.

I simply read into what you wrote, tough guy. You were upset because he didn't make people miss like you think he should. Your words. Hester doesn't make people miss every time out and he's considered the best punt returner in the game by a lot of people. Hell, no punt returner makes people miss all the time. But since you think he should be making people miss, like you said, the only reason is that he's Steve Smith. Right? Right.

He's not a wizard.

Archived