• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bengals Rated Worst Sports Franchise in all of North America

Starscream

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/06/15/espn-the-magazine-bengals-last-reds-15th-in-annual-franchise-rankings/

Franchises are given an overall ranking according to how much they give back to fans for the time, money and emotion they invest in them.

The Bengals rank last in three categories — fan relations (openness and consideration of players, coaches and management toward fans), players (effort on the court/field/ice and likeability off of it) and title track (championships won, or expected to be won, during the lifetime of current fans).

The Packers were named the best franchise followed by followed by the NHL’s Tampa Bay Lightning, New Orleans Saints, MLB’s Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and the NBA’s San Antonio Spurs.

The Reds are ranked 15th.

“The best teams in sports find ways to reward their fans’ devotion,” said ESPN The Magazine editor, Peter Keating. “The teams at the top of our Ultimate Standings are winners on the field, but, as we write in the magazine, they’re truly notable for returning fans’ love—keeping core players, discounting tickets, investing in their communities. Value, both economic and emotional, has always figured prominently in our rankings, but this year we heard louder than ever that a team’s commitment to its fans matters more than anything else, more than even new stadiums and championship rings.”

I know they're bad, but the worst sports franchise in all of North America?

Anyone know where we stand on this list?

Its stupid to group all the pro sports together like this, apples and oranges.

Plus this stuff is more here in the now thing so basically if your team has seen some success over the last few years then you're gonna rate them higher. Everyone team has high point and every team has low points. People use the Steelers as an example of a team that always been good...look at their pre-SB era history, that will give you a laugh.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/06/15/espn-the-magazine-bengals-last-reds-15th-in-annual-franchise-rankings/

I know they're bad, but the worst sports franchise in all of North America?

Anyone know where we stand on this list?

I live in Cincinnati, let me tell you how Mike Brown thanked the fine citizens that paid for his shiny new stadium. :cuss:

During a hot pre-season game in 2006 the concession stands ran out of bottled water, so what did the Bengals management do you ask?

They charged $3 for a cup of tap water!:eek:

TRUE STORY!!!

I live in Cincinnati, let me tell you how Mike Brown thanked the fine citizens that paid for his shiny new stadium. :cuss:

During a hot pre-season game in 2006 the concession stands ran out of bottled water, so what did the Bengals management do you ask?

They charged $3 for a cup of tap water!:eek:

TRUE STORY!!!

Good thing you have Bob Castellini around. But he won't invest in payroll unless he has more sellout crowds. Never ending circle here.

Good thing you have Bob Castellini around. But he won't invest in payroll unless he has more sellout crowds. Never ending circle here.

I'm a STH, actually I'm at the game right now. Reds are getting killed 5-1 top of the 9th against the Fing Yankees.

If we don't start getting consistent sell outs, there's zero chance of us being able to sign Votto to an extension.:(

I'm a STH, actually I'm at the game right now. Reds are getting killed 5-1 top of the 9th against the Fing Yankees.

If we don't start getting consistent sell outs, there's zero chance of us being able to sign Votto to an extension.:(

I'm worried about Phillips' contract too. Option for next year, but down the road?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived