• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Islanders@Canes

merchman567

This one has the recipe for a let down game. I dont believe Paul Maurice would let that happen, but it sure does have that familiar look. A team thats playing for nothing vs a team thats trying to get home ice advantage. Cam Ward is in goal tonight I hope if we get a few goals up they pull him and give Leighton at least a period behind net. Heres to us winning ang Phili losing. Go Canes!

This one has the recipe for a let down game. I dont believe Paul Maurice would let that happen, but it sure does have that familiar look. A team thats playing for nothing vs a team thats trying to get home ice advantage. Cam Ward is in goal tonight I hope if we get a few goals up they pull him and give Leighton at least a period behind net. Heres to us winning ang Phili losing. Go Canes!

Hockey isn't like football man. If we go up, Cam is staying in no matter what. He is riding an incredible hot streak right now and you don't do ANYTHING to disrupt that momentum. He isn't gonna get tired down the stretch, trust me. This kind of situation is what goalies train their entire lives for. Besides that, Brodeur is his idol and he averages 75 games a year. I have no doubt Cam will be ok even if he doesn't get a rest from here on out. GO CANES!!!

Hockey isn't like football man. If we go up, Cam is staying in no matter what. He is riding an incredible hot streak right now and you don't do ANYTHING to disrupt that momentum. He isn't gonna get tired down the stretch, trust me. This kind of situation is what goalies train their entire lives for. Besides that, Brodeur is his idol and he averages 75 games a year. I have no doubt Cam will be ok even if he doesn't get a rest from here on out. GO CANES!!!

I've never been a huge Cam Ward supporter, but he is now showing signs of what I've always known he COULD be...a solid everyday goalie. In the past, he's only been able to play well when there is something on the line. Now, he's playing well on a nightly basis, and he doesn't seem to be letting up.

If you can get the "important game" effort out of Cam Ward on a nightly basis, he is a scary matchup for opponents.

3-0 now, at the end on the first :) This is the kind of Canes team that I likes. One that plays well and beats the poo out of an opponent when they are supposed to. You're supposed to be playing like this against the worst team in the NHL...and it's a refreshing change from the past few seasons to see it happening.

Archived