• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something to give respect to Tyler Thigpen on...

Lone Buc Fan

Tyler Thigpen says he is "not OK" with being demoted from the Chiefs' first-team offense in favor of Matt Cassel.

The new Chiefs staff is calling it a competition, but Cassel was immediately put with the starters at recent minicamps. Thigpen ran the second team. Thigpen's agent has already said his client won't request a trade.

Least the guy is sucking it up and not whining about it.

Kent Babb, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Tyler Thigpen said he is "not OK' with being demoted to No. 2 quarterback behind QB Matt Cassel. Thigpen said he is willing to trust coaches' judgment and hopes he will have a chance at the starting job. "Everything happens for a reason. You may not see the reason right now, but I know there's a reason that they brought a guy in like Matt. I'm behind him, and all I'm doing is pushing him, making him better. Hopefully me doing that is going to make this team better," Thigpen said.

^ More to go with this topic. I also remember this bastard catching a td on the Bucs on a wide receiver pass last year. Dude is athletic as hell and I respect him more and more.

Archived