• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats will select Robinson, Barnes, or Beal according to SLAM

cdandi1

I know it's hard to understand but size does matter in basketball.

not T-rob being 6'9" playing PF who has a vertical hop the same as Blake Griffin.

I can see how Kemba is 6'1" as a PG compare to a 6'3" or 6'4" PG, but this is a league full of talents.

Sometimes talents outweigh height. Just look a "Diop".

Players like A.I., Chris Paul and Muggsy Bouge are saying "are you kidding me?".

T Rob might be 6' 9 in shoes. He doesn't have long arms either. Nor is he much of a scorer. He is a strong & athletic forward who plays hard; kinda like MKG. They will make an Ibaka/Battier/Noah/Artest type impact. Barnes has the potential of a guy like Pierce. It's a no brainer unless you're 100% sure Barnes will never be that guy. Then it's a toss up.

No Biyombo could be a Ibaka type of player.

For T-rob, he's a Griffin/Okafor type.

Sure he's only 6'9", maybe he wont be able to rebound against taller player.

But guess what? The dude has the same vertical jump as Blake Griffin.

You could be shorter, but if you have hops, thats another story.

Just look at Smitty being 5'8" with amazing hops.

You are focusing way too much on height instead of how guys play. Plenty of successful NBA SGs are Beal's height- Wade, Eric Gordon, and James Harden all come to mind. Plenty of successful PFs are Robinson's height- Kevin Love, David Lee, Paul Milsap.

Also- I've seen this line of thinking that Charlotte shouldnt draft Beal because Henderson is on the team, or they shouldnt draft Robinson because Bismack is here. It is completely baffling to me that people are seriously considering picking for need over BPA after the team won 7 games last year. Get good pieces, then make them fit together.

Lets see Wade is 6'5 in sneakers and a explosive athelite. Beal is not.

Harden is 6'6 in sneakers and bigger (wider) stronger player then Beal.

Nobody is building a team around Gordon and he can't check any of the big SG. Beal would be the same defensive mismatch as

Gordon is.

PF you said

How many times has Lee been traded and who is buliding a team around him?

Milsap is OK but not a star.

Love is prefect height for a PF.

LOL

If it's so easy to fix a jumpshot why is MKG's atrocious? My 6 year old brother has better form.

Maybe because he is 19 years old. Jordan had a bad jumpshot coming out of college as many other players have. And did anyone watch him play in college. Because im starting to think alot of people are regurgitatating the same crap.

not T-rob being 6'9" playing PF who has a vertical hop the same as Blake Griffin.

I can see how Kemba is 6'1" as a PG compare to a 6'3" or 6'4" PG, but this is a league full of talents.

Sometimes talents outweigh height. Just look a "Diop".

Players like A.I. and Mugsy Bouge are saying "are you kidding me?".

Trob is 6'7 1/2 6'9 in sneakers and I don't really care about his size. If you pick him you waste the Bismack pick.

We keep doing the same poo over and over again. Instead of drafting Lopez we draft DJ when we already had Felton.

Instead of getting a SF or C last year we draft Kemba when we already have DJ. How many times are we going to over draft 1 position and not draft good player at needed position?

Maybe because he is 19 years old. Jordan had a bad jumpshot coming out of college as many other players have. And did anyone watch him play in college. Because im starting to think alot of people are regurgitatating the same crap.

But you don't want to draft the 20 year old who can already shoot?

Lets see Wade is 6'5 in sneakers and a explosive athelite. Beal is not.

Harden is 6'6 in sneakers and bigger (wider) stronger player then Beal.

Nobody is building a team around Gordon and he can't check any of the big SG. Beal would be the same defensive mismatch as

Gordon is.

PF you said

How many times has Lee been traded and who is buliding a team around him?

Milsap is OK but not a star.

Love is prefect height for a PF.

Love is one more inch taller than T-rob. What you saying perfect height?

If you're just picking for a position to fill and can instantly start, then yeah Barnes sound good. Also been reported that Barnes had a great workout shooting 80% of his mid range jumpers.

But for Drummond, no way! Report is that in Cleveland, Mr. T-rob had his way with Drummond throughout the workout so good luck with that high risk high reward thing people talk about Drummond.

But now to say that Beal is no better than Henderson and T-rob is undersized is CRAZY!!!!

Seriously with the Beal is no better than Hendo?

I'm not even going to say anything. I'm dissapointed in you koolkatluke.

And for T-rob he is only 6'8" but 6'9" with shoes. Dwight aint that big also. Similar body type so I would not rule any of these top guys out yet. Only one I'm ruling out is Drummond.

We can talk about how T-rob and Bismack is going to give us a small frontcourt but OKC are pretty small too and look where theyre at.

Trob is also 2-3 years older then Drummond and has more play experience.

Example

Oak got the best of Dwight Howard the 1st year. How did that work out after that thoe?

DUNK AFTER DUNK AFTER DUNK then knock Oak shot in the front row then DUNK on him again.

Trob is 6'7 1/2 6'9 in sneakers and I don't really care about his size. If you pick him you waste the Bismack pick.

We keep doing the same poo over and over again. Instead of drafting Lopez we draft DJ when we already had Felton.

Instead of getting a SF or C last year we draft Kemba when we already have DJ. How many times are we going to over draft 1 position and not draft good player at needed position?

NO, T-rob is 6'8"-6'9" in shoe. He was listed as 6'10" at Kansas.

It doesnt really matter talking about his height bc T-rob has an amazing hop.

Rebounding should be no problem.

We took DJ over Lopez bc Felton wasnt the PG MJ thought he would be. And also, bc we still had Emeka that year. So there wasnt a need for Lopez.

For why we took Kemba, same thing like the DJ pick when we still had Felton. DJ was not the PG MJ thought he would be. Who was a good SF or C that we couldve take at no.9 last year? Name me one. Exactly you cant. Kemba was the BPA at that spot so you gotta take the BPA no matter what unless theres a great player that play a position you need. Sure Kawhi Leonard and Faried were there who couldve play SF but who knows they were going to be that good. And the reason why they were that good is bc they're playing on really good teams.

LOve in sneakers is 6'11 a wide body then add in the fact he is a dead shot 3 point shooter.

Someone like Love doesnt come along in the draft every year. Size sure, but not the ability to shoot like Love.

T-rob is basically the best player after Davis in just saying having the size and ability to make an instant impact.

Cant really compare those two guys bc their so different in playing style. All im saying is height does not matter

Lebron, Okafor and Griffin are Forwards 6'10" or under, so T-rob being 6'9" in shoes would not downplay his game a bit.

Archived