• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats will select Robinson, Barnes, or Beal according to SLAM

cdandi1

With Henderson at the 2..Biz at the 4 I think the 'Cats will take Barnes..though I think they are including the other two players to create interest and force teams to think about trading up.

Unless they think Henderson can move to the 3...

Wishful thinking on my part though. I want no part of Barnes. If they are looking for a 3, why no MKG?

Unless they think Henderson can move to the 3...

Wishful thinking on my part though. I want no part of Barnes. If they are looking for a 3, why no MKG?

Because he and Henderson are both wings that don't shoot the ball exceptionally well.

You need at least one that does. If you take Beal, then you have a 6'4 SG and a 6'5 SF (Henderson). Barnes is the one that fits the best if you plan on keeping Henderson. If you trade Henderson, then taking either of the other two makes more sense.

Barnes has the skill set to be an absolute stud at the NBA level. Anybody who has seen MKG shoot a basketball & still likes him better needs their head checked.

What skillet? Terrible ball handling and a complete inability to create his own shot don't sound like the skillet of an NBA stud to me.

He is a massively over-rated spot up jump shooter.

If MJ drafts Barnes at #2, he should be run out of Charlittevand the league.

What skillet? Terrible ball handling and a complete inability to create his own shot don't sound like the skillet of an NBA stud to me.

lol MKG is a hard working ATHLETE... hes not a good basketball player

I know what people are TRYING TO SAY when they say that Barnes can't "create his own shot". They mean, he can't dribble the ball well, because they don't mean that he can't create his own shot, or else they are idiots.

What part of one or two dribbles and then pulling up with that fade away in the mid-range isn't "CREATING ONE'S OWN SHOT"?

Of course his mid-range game is "creating your own shot". Jordan was lethal with that mid-range shot. If Barnes keeps hitting that and he hits the 3 pointer, like he can, the rest will eventually come because that's all he has to work on now. He doesn't have to work on homework, or anything else. You expect him to tweak the FIXABLE weaknesses that he currently has.

Love Barnes' "crab dribble" at 2:05, LOL! Check out LeBron's...

Beal is more ready than Barnes. henderson goes to the bench where he belongs...as a swingman scorer.

So with the choices being Beal, Barnes or Robinson why would we not try to get Rudy Gay?!

Even being a max guy he is by far the most talented guy the Bobcats would have and better than any of these rookies.

Beal is more ready than Barnes. henderson goes to the bench where he belongs...as a swingman scorer.

So with the choices being Beal, Barnes or Robinson why would we not try to get Rudy Gay?!

Even being a max guy he is by far the most talented guy the Bobcats would have and better than any of these rookies.

Rudy Gay is Scottie Pippen. Beal isn't Jordan. Gay's never going to reach his full potential until he gets put on a team as the SECOND GUY beside a SG that is clearly the #1 option on the team. If Gay went somehwere like Atlanta and played beside Joe Johnson, Atlanta would be a much better team.

Jordan never would've achieved as much as he did without Pippen being a guy who did everything good enough but not one thing exceptionally, except maybe his defense. That's what Gay is, or at least should be. He doesn't belong on the Bobcats, and it would be a complete waste of his time and ours to put him on it.

I'd be o with Trobb or Barnes, but Beal at 2, no thanks. I'd rather take Drummond at 2 before Beal. Cats need someone who can put the ball in the basket and that's Barnes or Trobb IMO.

So you're saying Beal can't put the ball in the basket? Last time I checked, Beal was probably the best shooter in this draft.

Archived