• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D'lo and Stewart are the shit...

tjmurray

One of the baddest things about being a truck driver is that I miss all of my games. I have sattellite radio, but I have basically missed my boy Deangelo's breakout season. When I come home to Memphis I watch the replays, but it isn't the same as watching them live. Just saw the game and Deangelo has changed... I mean, John Fox has turned him into a special, special back. He has turned him into a man on the football field. There is no doubt that Deangelo could have put up huge numbers right away, but he wasn't drafted by the right team. He never was a "power" guy. He could have been drafted by a finesse running team and put up huge numbers, but he was drafted by a coach who's philosophy is power football, and he never fit that mold. Somehow, he adapted to his environment and got stronger this past summer. He was always strong(he won the iron man award at the U of M, for being one of the strongest guys on the team), but never like this. He never ran strong. He has transformed into a freakish talent. He no longer tries to dance and make people miss. He is flat foot running over people now. That run when he ran over the safety and sprinted 40 yards I damn near cried. I don't know who he is anymore. I am glad to see it though... He has this Emmitt Smith/OJ Simpson thing going on. Just got back in Memphis Friday morning and I am late to the party about the nickname craze and I wanted to throw out The Tiger & Duck Express, or The Tiger & Mighty Duck Express. I think it is pretty cool and simple... Lol, those names on the Charlotte Observer are corny... Anyway, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in... Oh, one more thing.. Jonathan Stewart is the sh*t... The Deangelo Williams/ Adrian Peterson comparison isn't really fair. I think the question is, is Jonathan Stewart better than Adrian Peterson... I think Deangelo is one of the top two or 3 backs in the league and I think Stewart is probably one of the 4 most talented running backs in this league... He is waaaay better than Stephen Jackson... That is a matter of opinion, but hey.... Oh, and how in the hell do I put a picture in my aviator, lol... I can't figure it out, lol...

Archived