• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tannehill starting for Dolphins tonight

If you go back to my original post, all I said was that Tannehill's situation shouldn't be compared to Cam because the majority of the concerns of him were warranted. When you watched him play he was overhyped and didn't warrant a top 10 pick. He wasn't necessarily a accurate passer and wasn't efficient.

Now I get the Dolphins needed a QB for the future and he has upside but I got why he was criticized.

To be honest how was Cam's NOT warranted? What other spread offense QB came in and did what Cam did? None. He's the exception, not the rule. He threw off his back foot and had bad passing mechanics, all true. He supposedly couldnt read defenses or had a vanilla playbook....all true cam admitted as much in interviews. So the criticisms were warranted, he just proved them wrong over time.....I say we give Tannehill the chance to prove em wrong too.

Yeah but you have to take Cam out of the system to evaluate him. You do that with any player.

So without focusing on that...Cam had a strong arm, he was accurate, and he was very efficient. I get the mechanics with his feet but that's about the only thing I get. You can't fault him for playing in what you call a vanilla offense. Although I think it was much more complex than people thought, but that's not the point. There was much more things wrong with Tannehill and was rated mostly on upside.

It'd be nice if Tannehill proved us wrong, but I see it as more of an uphill battle than Cam.

That's the last thing I'll say about this.

Archived