• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chud the Dud and McDerp - Coaching Failure at its Best

DangerClose

I kept quiet the first two weeks. I wanted to asses the team. I wanted to make sure that the Saints game wasn't a fluke.

Well, after 2.75 games (I quit watching after Cam's second pick) I can't help but shake my head at the coaching.

Inept. Flaccid. Soft. Embarrassing.

NOT what you want to see the national stage.

You cannot tell me the absence of Jon Stewart made that big of a difference in our offense. Creativity and the ability to adjust during games, not overpaid talent makes or breaks games. We have the talent, not the creativity. Look at the Giants - no names at WR and RB, yet they had breakout games. Why? Coaching.

I can't help but wonder why we call at 7 step drop back for Cam when we know they are bum rushing our Oline. Where are the screens and 3 step drop passes? Stop running gimmicks.

Defense? Do we have one? I went back and rewatched the Saints game. Blown assignments by the Saints and few dropped balls. Reverse that and they probably would have won. It wasn't a stellar Defensive performance by any stretch. Fast Forward to the Giants game and you have DBs too soft in coverage. No stunts or workable blitz schemes. I could go on and on.

I know we are capable of more because of what we did last year. I have seen it. Is it too much to ask to have the team prepared with a solid gameplan? I have no doubt things will straighten out, but right now, it's just atrocious.

Archived