• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason's knee "flared up" this week; Onatolu to IR

mr beauxjangles

It sounded like "look at Ryans, Beason will never be good again"...but I guess I read it wrong

Its rather more than likely that he will never regain 100% of his old form, but 90% is possible.

From what we have seen from him this season I think he is playing at maybe 65% of his former level.

They brought him back too soon. He obviously wasn't ready- he was playing terrible, and he's a very smart player so it's his body holding him back. Rivera and Hurney were desperate for wins and sacrificed his career in an attempt to save theirs. I hope terrible, terrible things happen to certain members of our staff.

I have a different perspective on this. It seems more likely and in keeping with the characters involved that Beason was putting pressure on the training staff, Rivera and Hurney to let him play (both early last year and this year). I understand Jon wants to contribute, but he has to do what's best for the team. As for the staff, they have to have the balls to be honest with Jon and not be manipulated into putting a player on the field that isn't ready, be it Beason, Cam, Smitty or whoever.

Archived