• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Mock w/ comp picks

Dash Global

Like in my last one I am praying we trade down and pick up a 2nd or a 3rd. This is with a mid-late 1st.

1st Round: OT Lane Johnson 6'6 305 Oklahoma

OU-lane-johnson.jpg

After reading up on him I was impressed. Dude has only played LT one year. Athletic as hell. He has played QB, DE, TE, and OT. Has great length and is quick. He shut down one of the best pass rushers in the draft in Moore from A&M in the bowl game. I think he has alot of potential.

2nd Round: OG Larry Worford 6'3 333 Kentucky

6_177918.jpg

With Warmak not an option, we can get the next best option at RG.

3rd Round: WR Cobi Hamilton 6'2 200 Arkansas

Cobi+Hamilton+Arkansas+v+LSU+Fll7h925oL0l.jpg

Put up insane record numbers this past year at Arkansas.

4th Round: DT Montori Hughes 6'3 330 Tennessee Martin

fbc-um-tennessee-0567.jpg

5th Round: CB / S Sanders Commings 6'1 216 Georgia

512x.jpg

Forget CB, this guy would make a much better FS imo

6th Round: CB Melvin White 6'1 191 La-Lafayette

940x.jpg

Peep this dudes highlight reel. Sleeper imo

940x.jpg

6th Round: K Caleb Sturgis Florida

s091017_florida.jpg

Him or Hopkins. Either will do

6th Round: OLB Michael Mauti 6'2 235 Penn State

tumblr_mee7ynE3C71qf2huro1_1280.jpg

Not sure he will be here, but if he is it would be a great late pick up.

Oh boy I really dislike this. You're going to get some bad feedback for Lane Johnson for sure.

And I thought you were done with mocks until the combine lol

Dislike? The first 5 picks could all EASILY start next year. Thats not even mentioning a great K. and 1st Team Big10 LB late.

Was my last before I learned about the comp picks.

Only the uniformed will dislike Johnson (like I was prior to making this). If you read up on him and watch some tape no way you wouldnt like him mid - late first.

He completely shut down Moore from A&M, arguably the best pass rusher in the draft. Physical, athletic, quick feet.

Take him all day

Oh boy I really dislike this. You're going to get some bad feedback for Lane Johnson for sure.

And I thought you were done with mocks until the combine lol

Care to articulate why?

Anyways, personally, not completely sold on Lane Johnson. He did do a good job against Moore, but for the most part he looks relatively unspectacular to me. Warford wouldn't be a bad pick in the second. Not a fan of Cobi Hamilton at all. I know he may have put up nice numbers, but he has bad hands and strikes me as a strictly collegiate receiver. I wouldn't want to wait until the fourth round to select a nose tackle, and I'm not sure about Hughes. I haven't seen too much of him, but I know he has off the field issues and is mostly a potential pick. Also I seriously doubt Mauti lasts till the sixth, he was just as good as Te'o until his injury.

Dislike? The first 5 picks could all EASILY start next year. Thats not even mentioning a great K. and 1st Team Big10 LB late.

Was my last before I learned about the comp picks.

Only the uniformed will dislike Johnson (like I was prior to making this). If you read up on him and watch some tape no way you wouldnt like him mid - late first.

He completely shut down Moore from A&M, arguably the best pass rusher in the draft. Physical, athletic, quick feet.

Take him all day

I'm not a big Lane Johnson fan. I think he is a good player and could get better with some direction but he is very raw and new to the position. Oklahoma has a terrible offensive line, so it wasn't very hard to stand out.

You should really just take a break from doing these. Every time you say that this is exactly what we will do and it will give us instant success, and then completely change it up the next week. It's way too fugging early to be saying where some of these players will go and whether they will be starters or not. Not to mention we don't even know who will be coming and going in free agency.

I'm not a big Lane Johnson fan. I think he is a good player and could get better with some direction but he is very raw and new to the position. Oklahoma has a terrible offensive line, so it wasn't very hard to stand out.

Every time you say that this is exactly what we will do and it will give us instant success, and then completely change it up the next week. It's way too fugging early to be saying where some of these players will go and whether they will be starters or not. Not to mention we don't even know who will be coming and going in free agency.

Ive only watched the one vid i posted of him. Will watch others. Front that vid he is a beast. Has great measurables for the OT position. Would have no issue taking him mid - late first.

This isnt the NBA. NFL draft has a ton of players that can instantly help out your team / have success. Even all the way done to undrafted FA's. All comes down to need and talent evaluation.

It would be impossible for me to make a mock and me not think it would instantly help our team esp with how many holes we have.

Care to articulate why?

Anyways, personally, not completely sold on Lane Johnson. He did do a good job against Moore, but for the most part he looks relatively unspectacular to me. Warford wouldn't be a bad pick in the second. Not a fan of Cobi Hamilton at all. I know he may have put up nice numbers, but he has bad hands and strikes me as a strictly collegiate receiver. I wouldn't want to wait until the fourth round to select a nose tackle, and I'm not sure about Hughes. I haven't seen too much of him, but I know he has off the field issues and is mostly a potential pick. Also I seriously doubt Mauti lasts till the sixth, he was just as good as Te'o until his injury.

How does he look unspectacular to you?

Great measurables for a OT (6'6 very long arms ect)

Physical at the point of attack (played RT last year)

He is super athletic and coordinated (played QB TE DE & OL)

Moves well and has quick feet (going off the vid I posted and watched)

This dude wasnt even on my radar but after looking at OT prospects he jumped out to me. Right now he is a 1-2 round grade, after the combine and ppl re-watching that A&M game where he made Moore his puta he will easily be drafted in the 1st as the 3rd best OT.

How does he look unspectacular to you?

Great measurables for a OT (6'6 very long arms ect)

Physical at the point of attack (played RT last year)

He is super athletic and coordinated (played QB TE DE & OL)

Moves well and has quick feet (going off the vid I posted and watched)

This dude wasnt even on my radar but after looking at OT prospects he jumped out to me. Right now he is a 1-2 round grade, after the combine and ppl re-watching that A&M game where he made Moore his puta he will easily be drafted in the 1st as the 3rd best OT.

He already is the third best tackle. This years class is very weak.

Someone might be desperate enough to take him in the first just due to his measurables, I just hope it ain't us.

He already is the third best tackle. This years class is very weak.

Someone might be desperate enough to take him in the first just due to his measurables, I just hope it ain't us.

You have yet to say why you dont like him.

Just his measurables? Dude has some good tape to and his still very raw. Not many newb raw LT own the best pass rusher in the draft.

You have yet to say why you dont like him.

Just his measurables? Dude has some good tape to and his still very raw. Not many newb raw LT own the best pass rusher in the draft.

Did you not read my comment to you saying why I dislike him? It's like 4 comments up lol...

Did you not read my comment to you saying why I dislike him? It's like 4 comments up lol...

Only thing I saw is you said he was "raw" and "new" to the position.

He is already a good OT imo and has the potential to be elite. So in a sense he is raw but not really.

You dont own the best pass rusher in the draft as some raw newb. Dude has got talent and alot of potential.

Only thing I saw is you said he was "raw" and "new" to the position.

He is already a good OT imo and has the potential to be elite. So in a sense he is raw but not really.

You dont own the best pass rusher in the draft as some raw newb. Dude has got talent and alot of potential.

That's the only thing you saw because those are his only knocks right now, and those are still negatives.

I would take him in the second but no way in hell with our top 15 pick.

If you're drafting an offensive linemen, you draft a guy who is proven and has played the position a while. You don't draft based on potential.

Archived