• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Da'rick Rogers

Gabeking

Who the fug is Doug Kyed and who does he work for?

But beyond that I don't care I saw as others who watch this that Rogers is stiff he drop passes in gaulet and routes look sloppy as hell. Then you watch his video at UT he is nothing but a possession WR. How is he better then Lafell and try to use some common sense with your answer.

I should listen to you? Who the hell are you and who do you work for?

I'm fine with either Hunter or Rogers but I can tell you Hunter ain't getting pass the 1st.

You're sitting here bashing Rogers but praising LaFail who clearly hadnt done jack in three years. Listen to yourself.

Rogers is a possession receiver. But he can clearly stretch the field and has the ability to catch short passes in return for long gains. Dropping passes? I could very well question Hunter's ability to catch passes. I'm not going to stress over dropping balls at the combine if the kid can show me he can catch balls on films. Hunter is the one Im worried about dropping passes.

I should listen to you? Who the hell are you and who do you work for?

I'm fine with either Hunter or Rogers but I can tell you Hunter ain't getting pass the 1st.

You're sitting here bashing Rogers but praising LaFail who clearly hadnt done jack in three years. Listen to yourself.

Rogers is a possession receiver. But he can clearly stretch the field and has the ability to catch short passes in return for long gains. Dropping passes? I could very well question Hunter's ability to catch passes. I'm not going to stress over dropping balls at the combine if the kid can show me he can catch balls on films. Hunter is the one Im worried about dropping passes.

Somebody who is more right then you!! So sooner or later you should stfu and listen before you spew your stupid poo. There is no tape where Rogers look any different or better then Lafell coming out of LSU. If you say you can see a difference then you're a fuging liar. The only difference I can see is Lafell actually has more elusiveness and was a better deep threat then Rogers.

Let me ask you question and see if you can give me a intelligent answer. Is it Lafell fault or the offense he has been in?

Somebody who is more right then you!! So sooner or later you should stfu and listen before you spew your stupid poo. There is no tape where Rogers look any different or better then Lafell coming out of LSU. If you say you can see a difference then you're a fuging liar. The only difference I can see is Lafell actually has more elusiveness and was a better deep threat then Rogers.

Let me ask you question and see if you can give me a intelligent answer. Is it Lafell fault or the offense he has been in?

Wow what a dumb question!

He had Cam for two years now!

He been the no.3 wideout for most of his career and had trouble beating the opponents no.3 cb. If 89 can constantly beat the no.1 cb every week, why can't Lafail? This to say that we have been a highly passing offense the last two seasons. Please stop with the Lafail talk. I'm done!

Wow what a dumb question!

He had Cam for two years now!

He been the no.3 wideout for most of his career and had trouble beating the opponents no.3 cb. If 89 can constantly beat the no.1 cb every week, why can't Lafail? This two say we been a highly passing offense the last two seasons. Please stop with the Lafail talk. I'm done!

You were done along time ago.

But let me help you look up all the number 2# and 3rd Wr in read option offenses and tell me which ones put up great numbers.

Since you're stupid that would be the Redskins, Seattle, and 49ers when Kaep was the QB.

You would notice that none of the 2nd WR in those offenses put up great numbers. So it has nothing to do with Cam it has to do with the offense that Chud choose to run. Not to mention the dumb choice of Legadue over Lafell that happen most games last year.

And again it doesn't change the fact that Rogers looks no different then Lafell coming out of college.

You were done along time ago.

But let me help you look up all the number 2# and 3rd Wr in read option offenses and tell me which ones put up great numbers.

Since you're stupid that would be the Redskins, Seattle, and 49ers when Kaep was the QB.

You would notice that none of the 2nd WR in those offenses put up great numbers. So it has nothing to do with Cam it has to do with the offense that Chud choose to run. Not to mention the dumb choice of Legadue over Lafell that happen most games last year.

And again it doesn't change the fact that Rogers looks no different then Lafell coming out of college.

Please you're killing me with the Lafail comparison. You're embarssing yourself

Please you're killing me with the Lafail comparison. You're embarssing yourself

OMG dude you're and idiot. Just do the research and you will have a better understanding. You found a article from some idiot who did his breakdown on the combine. You can look up the fact that no #2 WR in a Zone read, Pistol or Read option offense is putting up Good WR numbers.

are you saying the offenses focus on the run more with newon and the running backs...so lafell is not getting as many targets in another offense??

I'm saying in a offense like Greenbay or Dallas or Atlanta. Lafell would have higher numbers. If you look at the other option offenses Lafell is up there with all the second and 3rd targets.

STRENGTHS

LaFell has the height and build of a starting NFL wide receiver. Has been a productive player. Has soft hands and flashes the ability to catch the ball away from his body. Is an athletic receiver. Exhibits the willingness to catch the ball in traffic over the middle. Is a competitive performer who is tough to take down after the catch and will go up and fight for the jump ball.

WEAKNESSES

LaFell possesses good top end speed but isn’t a true burner to consistently get deep at the next level. Suffers from lapses of concentration which lead to drops. Is not precise route-runner, is susceptible to press-coverage, and occasionally struggles to gain separation.

Rogers

STRENGTHS

Physical specimen with power and strength. Works very well over the middle, and is extremely difficult to bring down after the catch. Gets off the line well for a player of his size. Shows flexibility in adjusting to the football, making difficult catches, and getting out of his routes. Uses his body to shield defenders from making a play on the football. Smooth, with good body control when going up for the football. Strong hands allow him to grab low and wide passes adeptly. Physical run blocker when engaged, will sustain through the play.

WEAKNESSES

Off-field maturity and on-field effort have been issues. Stops his route at times if not the primary target. Body language on the field can be defeating. Lacks great explosiveness to run by corners, no extra gear. Will struggle to track the football at times. Not a very instinctual receiver, doesn't always run the routes he should, doesn't fight to get open when the play breaks down.

From NFL.COM, from what I have seen seems pretty accurate. If Rogers can get his maturity issue settled he could be better...but there are safer options since the WR spot is pretty deep in this draft.

STRENGTHS

LaFell has the height and build of a starting NFL wide receiver. Has been a productive player. Has soft hands and flashes the ability to catch the ball away from his body. Is an athletic receiver. Exhibits the willingness to catch the ball in traffic over the middle. Is a competitive performer who is tough to take down after the catch and will go up and fight for the jump ball.

WEAKNESSES

LaFell possesses good top end speed but isn’t a true burner to consistently get deep at the next level. Suffers from lapses of concentration which lead to drops. Is not precise route-runner, is susceptible to press-coverage, and occasionally struggles to gain separation.

Rogers

STRENGTHS

Physical specimen with power and strength. Works very well over the middle, and is extremely difficult to bring down after the catch. Gets off the line well for a player of his size. Shows flexibility in adjusting to the football, making difficult catches, and getting out of his routes. Uses his body to shield defenders from making a play on the football. Smooth, with good body control when going up for the football. Strong hands allow him to grab low and wide passes adeptly. Physical run blocker when engaged, will sustain through the play.

WEAKNESSES

Off-field maturity and on-field effort have been issues. Stops his route at times if not the primary target. Body language on the field can be defeating. Lacks great explosiveness to run by corners, no extra gear. Will struggle to track the football at times. Not a very instinctual receiver, doesn't always run the routes he should, doesn't fight to get open when the play breaks down.

From NFL.COM, from what I have seen seems pretty accurate. If Rogers can get his maturity issue settled he could be better...but there are safer options since the WR spot is pretty deep in this draft.

Not much difference in the breakdown. Only the maturity stuff from Rogers. So looking at this Drafting Rogers is like getting a immature Lafell.

I'm saying in a offense like Greenbay or Dallas or Atlanta. Lafell would have higher numbers. If you look at the other option offenses Lafell is up there with all the second and 3rd targets.

okay just checking because in 2010 mike vick ran for alot of yards,mccoy rushed for over a 1000, and brent celek had numbers comparable to olsen.....and maclin had better numbers than lafell.....as a "no 2" wide receiver........

just saying mike ran alot, they had a good running back and used the tightend just as much...like you say this offense does......but maclin still have better numbers than lafell.....

i think it just comes a time when you know when a wr is limited and how good he is.....lafell is not a bad wr to me...he's just got to play his role... and his role is not a no2 wr TO ME.

you know who i think lafell reminds me of......................brandon stokley......manning had 1.harrison and 2.reggie wayne......then comes 3.stokley......NOT A BAD WR AT ALL.....thats just brandon's role to me....it does not mean hes all a sudden a worthless chump...he actually has very good value in that postion TO ME.

i remeber alot of games where marvin and reggie was double covered and manning had to use stokley and clark to keep the chains moving.......

like i said its not a bad role at all...so dont look at it as a diss.

okay just checking because in 2010 mike vick ran for alot of yards,mccoy rushed for over a 1000, and brent celek had numbers comparable to olsen.....and maclin had better numbers than lafell.....as a "no 2" wide receiver........

just saying mike ran alot, they had a good running back and used the tightend just as much...like you say this offense does......but maclin still have better numbers than lafell.....

i think it just comes a time when you know when a wr is limited and how good he is.....lafell is not a bad wr to me...he's just got to play his role... and his role is not a no2 wr TO ME.

you know who i think lafell reminds me of......................brandon stokley......manning had 1.harrison and 2.reggie wayne......then comes 3.stokley......NOT A BAD WR AT ALL.....thats just brandon's role to me....it does not mean hes all a sudden a worthless chump...he actually has very good value in that postion TO ME.

i remeber alot of games where marvin and reggie was double covered and manning had to use stokley and clark to keep the chains moving.......

like i said its not a bad role at all...so dont look at it as a diss.

Skye Philly wasn't running a option offense. When Vick ran it wasn't a designed running play it was a busted play where he took off. They ran a west coast offense. So the WR got a lot of targets and opportunities. Like I said in the read option or pistols offense there aren't a lot of targets for the 2# and 3rd WR. The stats this year prove it. No 2nd WR in Seattle, Washington,or San Fran had dominate numbers over Lafell. In fact in 2 less games Lafell may have better numbers then most of the option offense WR.

Archived