• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Battlefield 1943

Niner National

It's a downloadable only game for PC, Xbox 360, and PS3. It has 4 maps from the original 1942. It will cost 15 dollars for PS3 users and 1200 MS points for Xbox 360 users. It will be released tomorrow for the 360 and the day after for the PS3. Not sure when for the PC.

The engine used on 1943 is the same as the one on Bad Company which is, in my opinion, one of the best game engines I've ever seen. The environments are almost entirely destructible.

Anyone planning on downloading it?

I tried all day yesterday and could not get into the game. Said EA's servers were overloaded. Maybe today will be better.

Anyway, you can download the trial and play the full game (it's a multiplayer only game) for 30 minutes. You can then purchase it for 15 dollars.

The Frostbite engine truly is an amazing piece of software. Adds so much to the game when someone is hiding in a structure and you can just blow the side of the building off and take them out.

It's just too bad its not 64 players like Battlefield 1942 was for PC.

servers are a bitch right now. It's tough to get into a game, but I played it for the first time today. It's pretty good overall. It'd be better if it were 32 players though. 64 like it was on the computer would be even better, but 32 wouldn't be bad either. The maps are just so big that 24 feels kinda small.

The game costs 1200 MS points on Microsoft. Of course the points go from 1000 for 12.50 to 2000 for 25. Basically if you don't have any left over points you have to spend 25 dollars to get the game while on the PS3 and PC you simply pay 15 dollars. fug.

Yeah MS said they'll be changing that soon so that the XBL marketplace just uses real money.

does the game have Live?

Ok, so I bought it for 360... Planes are rediculously hard to fly. There's only 3 weapons you can choose from. There's only 3 maps that are available. It's pretty hard to kill people cuz they're apparently superhuman. It takes quite a while to find people on the map, but once you figure out how to find them it's pretty easy to get in on the action. I do dislike snipers. This one guy would ALWAYS find me no matter where I was on the map.

That said, I've been playing for the past couple hours and I do enjoy playing and that's all that matters. I've been getting tired of playing gears of war 2 and cod4 and gta iv (i have 1 freaking pigeon left that i missed and I have no idea which one it is fml.) so this is something that I can waste time on until MW2 and some of these other games come out.

Archived