• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald Henderson Summer League Stats

As a Duke fan, I can give Carolina their props. Great team, great school, great history. Not to mention you produced the greatest player to ever dribble a ball...even if he has no clue how to run a team. There is nothing I hate about the Tarheels except their fans.

One thing that annoys the piss out of me is the lack of respect shown by Carolina fans.

We've been in 14 Final Fours, won 21 ACC Tournaments, 21 ACC Regular Season titles, 33 NCAA tournament appearances, 3 National Titles with an overall record of 1,852-858 for a win percentage of of .696.

Carolina has 18 Final Four appearances, 41 NCAA tournament appearances, 25 ACC Tournament titles, 34 ACC Regular season titles, 5 National titles, with an overall record of 1,984-703 for a winning percentage of .738.

Yeah, Carolina owns us in every category, but most of you like to act as if we have never done a damn thing, or have never had a bit of talent on the team, not to mention Carolinas first NCAA Tourney appearance was in 1941, ours was in 1955. Carolina was far better in the earlier days than we were, as soon as Coach K came to Duke he turned the program around and in that 30 years has done nearly as much as Carolina has in their entire history.

For every NBA player you name that came from Carolina, I'll name one that came from Duke. For every Duke NBA bust you name, I can name a Carolina bust. Carolina is indeed the superior program, but I'm damn proud to be a Duke fan. And I guarantee a Duke player who fails in the NBA has an education and intelligence to fall back on, too bad the same can't be said for the Carolina guys...

I'm sick and tired of cocky, pompous ass Carolina fans NEVER giving Duke a damn bit of credit. I guarantee you will find far more Duke fans who will give Carolina credit as opposed to Carolina fans who give Duke credit. If you can't suck up your pride enough to say that Duke has a great program as well, then you are just showing your own ignorance.

I find it funny that you crash on Coach K all the time, yet he's won a gold medal as a HEAD coach for Team USA and Larry Brown hasn't, not to mention by the time Coach K retires it's a lock he will have 1000 wins to his credit, not even Dean Smith could say that....to say that Coack K isn't a good coach is absolutely ridiculous and nothing but ignorance, and you're going to school for sports journalism???

Dude, I just like giving you a hard time. I got nothing against Duke they are a great school and Coach K is a great coach, hell he led team USA to the gold. It is just fun to give Duke fans a hard time.

Actually thats where your wrong I will be attending UNC next fall majoring in Sports Management.

Actually I'm not. You still haven't attended UNC. You can come back in the "fall" and tell me i was wrong if you like. There will be some that are as ignorant as you I'm sure, but all the ones i know all give loads of respect to Duke no matter how much they hate them. Why don't you stick to what this thread is about and section of this forum is about....The Bobcats.

Dude, I just like giving you a hard time. I got nothing against Duke they are a great school and Coach K is a great coach, hell he led team USA to the gold. It is just fun to give Duke fans a hard time.

fug, scratch the respect part out of my last post.

Paul Pierce is the only one in that bunch worth a damn. What have any of those other players done that has made an "impact"??

Paul Pierce- Selected 10th overall by the Boston Celtics, was nicknamed "The Truth", was an eight-time All-Star, was a four-time All-NBA Team selction, was on the 2002 Easter Conference Champion Boston Celtic's, was on the 2008 NBA Champion Boston Celtic's, was selected 2008 NBA Finals MVP, has a Boston Celtic record of scoring 30 points in 12 straight games, has six career triple-doubles, was the first player since Larry Bird to score 2,000 points in a single season, recored 41 points in game 7 verse Cleveland in 2008(the second-highest point total in franchise history), was stabbed 11 times in the face, back, neck and had a beer bottle smashed over his head while trying to break up a fight (had to undergo lung surgery to repair the damage and was the only player to start all 82 games in the season he was stabbed 11 times), was selected of the U.S. National Team that competed in the 2002 FIBA World Championship, was selected to the U.S. National Team that competed in the 2006 FIBA World Championship, was featured in several video games and in the video game NBA Ballers, Pierce gives viewers a tour of his hometown of Inglewood in a helicopter over Los Angeles, was a three-time All-NBA 3rd Team, was one-time All NBA 2nd Team, was selected to the NBA All-Rookie 1st Team, was the NBA regular-season leader for total points, was the NBA regular-season leader for free throws made, holds the NBA record for most consecutive free throws made in the playoffs, holds the NBA record for most free throws made in one quarter in the NBA Finals, holds 19 franchise records for the Boston Celtics.

Kirk Hinrich- Selected 7th overall by the Chicago Bulls, was named to the All-Rookie 1st Team for the 2003-2004 season, was the only rookie in the 2003-2004 NBA season to record a triple-double, was named to the NBA's "Got Milk? All-Rookie 1st Team", was awared the Bulls Most Valuable Player Award for the 2003-2004 NBA season, was named NBA All-Defensive 2nd Team for the 2006-2007 season, was named to the U.S. National Basketball Team that competed in the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, China.

Raef LaFrentz- was selected 3rd overall by the Denver Nuggets, was selected to the 1994 U.S. Olympic Festival North Team, was the first player in NBA history to reach 200 blocked shots and 150 three pointers in a season, was selected to the U.S. National Team that competed in the 2002 Fiba World Championship.

Drew Gooden- Selected 4th overall by the Memphis Grizzlies, was named one of the "Good Guys in Sports" by The Sporting News, was a part of the 2007 Eastern Conference Champion Cleveland Cavaliers.

Marvin Williams- Selected 2nd overall by the Atlanta Hawks and was named to the All-Rookie 2nd Team for the 2005-2006 season.

Raymond Felton- Selected 5th overall by the Charlotte Bobcats and was named to the All-Rookie 2nd Team for the 2005-2006 season.

Jacque Vaughn- Selected 27th overall by the Utah Jazz, was a part of the 2007 NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs.

Nick Collison- Selected 12th overall by the Seattle SuperSonics now Oklahoma City Thunder, was named to the U.S. National Team that competed in the 2002 Fiba World Championship.

David Noel- Selected 39th overall by the Milwaukee Bucks, was selected 14th overall by the NBA D-League's Albuquerque Thunderbirds, was chosen by the Barangay Ginebra Kings of the Philippine Basketball Association to be their import, was named All-Star MVP in the PBA, was named PBA Slam Dunk Champion, now plays for the Chorale Roanne Basket which is one of the best French basketball teams in the world.

Sean May- Selected 13th overall by the Charlotte Bobcats, was named MVP of the Rocky Mountain Revue Summer League.

Brandan Wright- Selected 8th overall by the Charlotte Bobcats.

Rashad McCants- Selected 14th overall by the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Reyshawn Terry- Selected 44th overall by the Orlando Magic, joined Italian Club Virtus Bologna and reached the Quarterfinals of the FIBA Euro Challenge, was the seventh member of the 2005 NCAA CHAMPION NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS to play in the NBA (Marvin Williams, Raymond Felton, Sean May, Rashad McCants, David Noel, Jawad Williams, Reyshawn Terry).

Jawad Williams- Was not selected in the NBA Draft, was signed by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Paul Pierce- Selected 10th overall by the Boston Celtics, was nicknamed "The Truth", was an eight-time All-Star, was a four-time All-NBA Team selction, was on the 2002 Easter Conference Champion Boston Celtic's, was on the 2008 NBA Champion Boston Celtic's, was selected 2008 NBA Finals MVP, has a Boston Celtic record of scoring 30 points in 12 straight games, has six career triple-doubles, was the first player since Larry Bird to score 2,000 points in a single season, recored 41 points in game 7 verse Cleveland in 2008(the second-highest point total in franchise history), was stabbed 11 times in the face, back, neck and had a beer bottle smashed over his head while trying to break up a fight (had to undergo lung surgery to repair the damage and was the only player to start all 82 games in the season he was stabbed 11 times), was selected of the U.S. National Team that competed in the 2002 FIBA World Championship, was selected to the U.S. National Team that competed in the 2006 FIBA World Championship, was featured in several video games and in the video game NBA Ballers, Pierce gives viewers a tour of his hometown of Inglewood in a helicopter over Los Angeles, was a three-time All-NBA 3rd Team, was one-time All NBA 2nd Team, was selected to the NBA All-Rookie 1st Team, was the NBA regular-season leader for total points, was the NBA regular-season leader for free throws made, holds the NBA record for most consecutive free throws made in the playoffs, holds the NBA record for most free throws made in one quarter in the NBA Finals, holds 19 franchise records for the Boston Celtics.

Kirk Hinrich- Selected 7th overall by the Chicago Bulls, was named to the All-Rookie 1st Team for the 2003-2004 season, was the only rookie in the 2003-2004 NBA season to record a triple-double, was named to the NBA's "Got Milk? All-Rookie 1st Team", was awared the Bulls Most Valuable Player Award for the 2003-2004 NBA season, was named NBA All-Defensive 2nd Team for the 2006-2007 season, was named to the U.S. National Basketball Team that competed in the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, China.

Raef LaFrentz- was selected 3rd overall by the Denver Nuggets, was selected to the 1994 U.S. Olympic Festival North Team, was the first player in NBA history to reach 200 blocked shots and 150 three pointers in a season, was selected to the U.S. National Team that competed in the 2002 Fiba World Championship.

Drew Gooden- Selected 4th overall by the Memphis Grizzlies, was named one of the "Good Guys in Sports" by The Sporting News, was a part of the 2007 Eastern Conference Champion Cleveland Cavaliers.

Marvin Williams- Selected 2nd overall by the Atlanta Hawks and was named to the All-Rookie 2nd Team for the 2005-2006 season.

Raymond Felton- Selected 5th overall by the Charlotte Bobcats and was named to the All-Rookie 2nd Team for the 2005-2006 season.

Jacque Vaughn- Selected 27th overall by the Utah Jazz, was a part of the 2007 NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs.

Nick Collison- Selected 12th overall by the Seattle SuperSonics now Oklahoma City Thunder, was named to the U.S. National Team that competed in the 2002 Fiba World Championship.

David Noel- Selected 39th overall by the Milwaukee Bucks, was selected 14th overall by the NBA D-League's Albuquerque Thunderbirds, was chosen by the Barangay Ginebra Kings of the Philippine Basketball Association to be their import, was named All-Star MVP in the PBA, was named PBA Slam Dunk Champion, now plays for the Chorale Roanne Basket which is one of the best French basketball teams in the world.

Sean May- Selected 13th overall by the Charlotte Bobcats, was named MVP of the Rocky Mountain Revue Summer League.

Brandan Wright- Selected 8th overall by the Charlotte Bobcats.

Rashad McCants- Selected 14th overall by the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Reyshawn Terry- Selected 44th overall by the Orlando Magic, joined Italian Club Virtus Bologna and reached the Quarterfinals of the FIBA Euro Challenge, was the seventh member of the 2005 NCAA CHAMPION NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS to play in the NBA (Marvin Williams, Raymond Felton, Sean May, Rashad McCants, David Noel, Jawad Williams, Reyshawn Terry).

Jawad Williams- Was not selected in the NBA Draft, was signed by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

You do realize you basically proved him right don't you?

How is that that? Kirk, Raef, and Paul have all had impressive careers and Raymond, Marvin and a couple others have only been in the league for four years.

He said Paul was great. Raef was a average player at best. You're really reaching on that one. He was the 3rd overall pick, at that high i would say he was a bust. Kirk is too young to tell like the rest of them. He has started off nice though.

I actually did forget something Jackie Manuel was signed by the Boston Celtics and then waived so that actually makes him the 8th player from the 2005 NCAA Champion North Carolina Tar Heels to play in the NBA

(Marvin Williams, Jawad Williams, Jackie Manuel, Raymond Felton, Sean May, Rashad McCants, David Noel, and Reyshawn Terry. The only ones that did not play in the NBA are Brooks Foster (plays in the NFL for the Pats), Jesse Holley (played in the NFL for the Cincinnati Bengals), Wes Miller (plays ball in the British Basketball League), Melvin Scott (plays in the D-League) Quentin Thomas (started a music career recordin with 9th Wonder), C.J. Hooker (plays parks and rec ball in Chapel Hill), Damion Grant (could not continue to play ball because of his injury), Charlie Everett (have no idea where he is), and Byron Sanders (plays ball for Queluz Sintra Património Mundial which is some pro team in Portugal).

Coach K players:

Shane Battier - NBA All Rookie Team, 2nd team Defensive team

Carlos Boozer - All Star

Elton Brand - All Star

Luol Deng - All Star

Chris Duhon - Solid contributor

Mike Dunleavy - Solid contributor

Grant Hill - Even with injuries, has had a fantastic career.

Corey Maggette - Great player

Josh McRoberts - trash

Shavlik Randolph - trash

J.J. Redick - trash

Shelden Williams - trash

Gerald Henderson - who knows

I will take Coach K's guys in the NBA over Roy's any day.

As a Duke fan, I can give Carolina their props. Great team, great school, great history. Not to mention you produced the greatest player to ever dribble a ball...even if he has no clue how to run a team. There is nothing I hate about the Tarheels except their fans.

One thing that annoys the piss out of me is the lack of respect shown by Carolina fans.

We've been in 14 Final Fours, won 21 ACC Tournaments, 21 ACC Regular Season titles, 33 NCAA tournament appearances, 3 National Titles with an overall record of 1,852-858 for a win percentage of of .696.

Carolina has 18 Final Four appearances, 41 NCAA tournament appearances, 25 ACC Tournament titles, 34 ACC Regular season titles, 5 National titles, with an overall record of 1,984-703 for a winning percentage of .738.

Yeah, Carolina owns us in every category, but most of you like to act as if we have never done a damn thing, or have never had a bit of talent on the team, not to mention Carolinas first NCAA Tourney appearance was in 1941, ours was in 1955. Carolina was far better in the earlier days than we were, as soon as Coach K came to Duke he turned the program around and in that 30 years has done nearly as much as Carolina has in their entire history.

For every NBA player you name that came from Carolina, I'll name one that came from Duke. For every Duke NBA bust you name, I can name a Carolina bust. Carolina is indeed the superior program, but I'm damn proud to be a Duke fan. And I guarantee a Duke player who fails in the NBA has an education and intelligence to fall back on, too bad the same can't be said for the Carolina guys...

I'm sick and tired of cocky, pompous ass Carolina fans NEVER giving Duke a damn bit of credit. I guarantee you will find far more Duke fans who will give Carolina credit as opposed to Carolina fans who give Duke credit. If you can't suck up your pride enough to say that Duke has a great program as well, then you are just showing your own ignorance.

I find it funny that you crash on Coach K all the time, yet he's won a gold medal as a HEAD coach for Team USA and Larry Brown hasn't, not to mention by the time Coach K retires it's a lock he will have 1000 wins to his credit, not even Dean Smith could say that....to say that Coack K isn't a good coach is absolutely ridiculous and nothing but ignorance, and you're going to school for sports journalism???

You were OK until here...K won with the team that BROWN WAS LOBBYING FOR several years ago. Brown knew that his team had holes, didn't have commitment from the better players in the league, and USABB really just was in a mess organizationally.

You really believe k is a better coach than Brown? Talk to me when K takes the Clippers to the playoffs. Brown can coach circles around that guy. He's won championships at every level.

DES will get passed by K, already has been by Knight. But when it comes to how Dean finished, maintained player contact and relationships over time, influenced the game, K can't really compare. BTW, DES has a slightly better winning % at present and went 30 straight years never finishing lower than 3rd in the ACC when it was vastly superior as a conference.

Coach K players:

Shane Battier - NBA All Rookie Team, 2nd team Defensive team

Carlos Boozer - All Star

Elton Brand - All Star

Luol Deng - All Star

Chris Duhon - Solid contributor

Mike Dunleavy - Solid contributor

Grant Hill - Even with injuries, has had a fantastic career.

Corey Maggette - Great player

Josh McRoberts - trash

Shavlik Randolph - trash

J.J. Redick - trash

Shelden Williams - trash

Gerald Henderson - who knows

I will take Coach K's guys in the NBA over Roy's any day.

Cock K's guys suck if you would take any of those players over Pierce you are an idiot.

You were OK until here...K won with the team that BROWN WAS LOBBYING FOR several years ago. Brown knew that his team had holes, didn't have commitment from the better players in the league, and USABB really just was in a mess organizationally.

You really believe k is a better coach than Brown? Talk to me when K takes the Clippers to the playoffs. Brown can coach circles around that guy. He's won championships at every level.

DES will get passed by K, already has been by Knight. But when it comes to how Dean finished, maintained player contact and relationships over time, influenced the game, K can't really compare. BTW, DES has a slightly better winning % at present and went 30 straight years never finishing lower than 3rd in the ACC when it was vastly superior as a conference.

Coach K is scared to coach in the Pros. If you asked almost any other coach if the LA Lakers offered you the head coaching job would you take it, almost all of them would say yes. I think Coach K knows he could not coach an NBA team and that college fits him best. Coach K also holds 8 years coaching over Roy Williams who by the way is the winningest active coach by percentage among coaches with at least 10 years experience. As far as Coach K being a better coach than LARRY BROWN, call me when Coach K wins a NBA CHAMPIONSHIP AND NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP, also let me know when Coach K compiles more than 1,000 wins as Coach Brown is almost at 1,300 career wins.

Yeah what happen after he left KU again????? BTW I like Brown but don't downgrade K for anybody. Stupid Tarhole..

Archived