Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nfc South Offseason Grades Coming Up On Nfl Live

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

For what it's worth, NFL Live is minutes away from giving their opinion of our division's offseason moves on ESPN.

Posted · Report post

Anyone have the grades?

Posted · Report post

Nvm not posted yet

Posted · Report post

Bucs - A-
Saints(**) - D lol
Panthers - B+
Foulcunts - B

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Irv' timestamp='1335905680' post='1760234']
Bucs - A-
Saints(**) - D lol
Panthers - B+
Foulcunts - B
[/quote]

Pretty accurate.

Bucs did add some nice pieces in FA with Jackson and Nicks. They also had a solid draft.

With a college coach and new scheme, I still believe they are 4th in the division.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1335905845' post='1760238']
Pretty accurate.

Bucs did add some nice pieces in FA with Jackson and Nicks. They also had a solid draft.

[b]With a college coach and new scheme[/b], I still believe they are 4th in the division.
[/quote]

People are forgetting this part. They will be much better, but college coaches have rarely ever worked, what makes this one any different?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

These grades mean nothing to me. They're still based off of projections.

I'll never understand why they don't do a post season draft grade special. You know after the rookies actually show how good/bad they really are.

I guess that just makes too much sense... Especially since the offseason is packed with so much going on... Smh

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panther_Brotherhood' timestamp='1335906735' post='1760253']
People are forgetting this part. They will be much better, but college coaches have rarely ever worked, what makes this one any different?
[/quote]

Harbaugh did pretty well if you ask me.

Posted · Report post

P.S. anybody who thinks that the Bucs won't be successful this year obviously knows nothing about our Division or the NFL

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Floppin' timestamp='1335907490' post='1760270']
[/quote]

This is true...

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

This dude knows football, always on point with his analysis!

It's too bad we can't hang out irl floppin. I bet you're a cool dude (no homo)

We don't always agree, but we respect one another always, and that's whats up, and why you're one of my favorite posters.

Posted · Report post

Hah, thanks.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Floppin' timestamp='1335907794' post='1760277']
Hah, thanks.
[/quote]

As good as a compliment as you'll ever receive online... and you're welcome

I've always found it to be interesting to me as to who really knows football here as opposed to those who watch Sports Center or NFL Network and then come in here to regurgitate the same poo.

There are only a handful in this forum that really know what they're talking about. The rest are trolls and regurgitaters. I tend to think that if u had to take a Panthers IQ test or even a football IQ test to be a member here it'd be a better place. But I'm sure Zod would also have to shut the site down because of the lack of membership at that point. Smh

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

Garbage is in the 10% of college coaches that succeed early. Most don't.

I do think the Bucs improved their team...just not enough.

I am also one who really thinks that Josh Freeman is massively over rated.

Posted · Report post

Harbaugh played in the NFL for years and coached in the NFL as well before coaching as a head coach in college. Schiano played college ball and was a defensive assistant coach in Chicago for a few years before going into the college ranks.

Their understanding of the pro game is likely different but of course they both could be successful. Harbaugh just has tons more experience in the NFL at all levels.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1335909090' post='1760304']
Garbage is in the 10% of college coaches that succeed early. Most don't.

I do think the Bucs improved their team...just not enough.

I am also one who really thinks that Josh Freeman is massively over rated.
[/quote]

Yeah, I don't think Freeman is very good either. I was just pointing out that discounting coaches because they came from a college team may not be the best stance to take.

Posted · Report post

the bucs made some huge moves to better their team. they will definitely be tougher to beat. i still think we are going to beat the crap out of them though.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Floppin' timestamp='1335909614' post='1760316']

Yeah, I don't think Freeman is very good either. I was just pointing out that discounting coaches because they came from a college team may not be the best stance to take.
[/quote]

Agreed. But I do think Schiano will struggle. His offensive scheme in college was strictly a ground and pound style. I think he will struggle to score against high powered offenses like Carolina, Atlanta, and NO in his first year.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1335910176' post='1760327']
Agreed. But I do think Schiano will struggle. His offensive scheme in college was strictly a ground and pound style. I think he will struggle to score against high powered offenses like Carolina, Atlanta, and NO in his first year.
[/quote]

You very well could be correct. His offence isn't a traditional ground and pound though, he's one of the best ground attack schemers in the game imo.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Floppin' timestamp='1335910712' post='1760336']

You very well could be correct. His offence isn't a traditional ground and pound though, he's one of the best ground attack schemers in the game imo.
[/quote]

But, the college game and the pro game are very different.

Harbaugh ran a pro style offense at Sranford. Schianno's offense is not a pro style offense.

Could make the transition more difficult.. but only time will tell.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1335910176' post='1760327']

[/quote]

Lol... You think his offense will struggle to score?

Let's see here: without even looking at the roster, I'm calling BS!
You had better have some respect for the Bucs this year, because if you don't, they will earn it from you.

Not saying that We can't beat them, just saying don't be a blind homer.

Posted · Report post

I liked Tampas first two picks. Barron is gonna be a great safety and the RB from Boise reminds me of JStew

Posted · Report post

the bucs will probably have a season like we did last year.

freeman has been told to start over with a blank slate, run game isn't proven with blount being bad last year and doug martin coming in... mike williams has to get out of his sophomore slump, vincent jackson hasn't proved that he isn't in the game just for the money, the cornerback position is a big question mark (barber is old/regressing, talib always possibly getting arrested, wright not being good), the LBs aren't a strength, and the DL is incredibly young and injury-prone. the OL should be good if davin joseph returns to form (do not bring up that he went to the pro bowl - he sucked last year).

oh yeah, and the have a new coaching staff which usually means lots of bumps in the road.

not seeing how they become a playoff contender unless they have an easy schedule again like they did in 2010.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Irv' timestamp='1335905680' post='1760234']
Foulcunts[/quote]

LOL never heard that one before

Posted · Report post

Why is TruCatzFan sooooo..... different from everyone else?
1 person likes this