All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Man, what a Debbie Downer... Seriously, I look at players like Addison, Horton--getting better every year. Coaching.
  3. Lol id love to give up our first for a top 3 wr
  4. Today
  5. Holy crap I would hate this hiring. Ever since he was a rookie I thought Hill was extremely overrated. He’s average at best and I’d honestly prefer the older j stew
  6. Reminds a bit of Steve Wilks, very well spoken. Sems to be full of energy. That's how I like my defensive coaches. I'm a fan just from this short video.
  7. Panthers met with Josh Allen

Locker was a totally different animal than Hackenburg and Allen...I'd say injuries had more to do with his demise...
  8. Panthers met with Josh Allen

This place would be a comedy gold mine if Ron Rivera and Marty Hurney somehow outlasted Cam Newton and Jerry Richardson.
  9. The Last Jedi *Spoilers*

Stuff like this is only going to make matters worse. The defeminized version simply existing gives Disney and excuse for the low audience scores.
  10. Voth trolls Mel Kiper

I've always found it funny that the other hosts don't even try to hide their annoyance with Kiper. I'm convinced that ESPN only keeps him employed because he's a name and face that people know. He has been eclipsed many times over and never really brought that much to the table to start with. He was never a pro scout or had any sort of inside connections, he was really just a guy who made common sense assumptions. ESPN has pretty much replaced him with the much more competent Todd McShay anyways, and it seems like they only keep Kiper around as a formality. I'm also convinced that Kiper takes money from agents to build a buzz around their clients. That's just speculation from being a lifelong football fan though.
  11. Nintendo Being Nintendo

Yeah I think a lot of people are unjustly angry over it. The labo stuff obviously isn't targeted towards someone like me. They seem to be doing all the right things with this console and making products for everyone.
  12. CBS Sports Mock Draft (this week 16 Jan)

I like Miller but is that too high for him? could probably get him in the 2nd? I just there are a few WR we could get later that would fill our need there...
  13. CBS Sports Mock Draft (this week 16 Jan)

No change for us. Still have us taking Miller. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-broncos-land-saquon-barkley-bears-select-calvin-ridley/
  14. Panthers met with Josh Allen

It would be a waste of a vital draft pick. We have an MVP QB and you don't use a first round pick on a backup. Kick the tires all you want but in the end it is just looking. One, I would be shocked if he fell that far in round one. Two. we have far too many other needs than to draft a QB. Three, if he was there we would be looking for a trade partner to add more picks this year and probably a 1st next year.
  15. Panthers met with Josh Allen

Why not? Look at the Vikings...Eagles...hell even bad luck like Deshaun Watson and the Texans and Packers with Rodgers. Cam was in a freak accident with a truck a few years back. Strange things happen. If Cam was in a bizzare incident, fell in the shower and tore an ACL etc, a few days before the draft. Wouldnt you want to have options known and kick the tires?
  16. Bettcher seems to be kind of a rising star (the Titans wanted him too). Side Note: I reviewed the Cardinals staff from last year. Better than half of them had more experience coaching at the college level than at the pro level. Found it kinda odd.
  17. Holcomb and Brown were out of contract. Rivera didn't have any say in where they went. The guy Wilks hired instead is an old colleague from both San Diego and Chicago who, from what I know, is pretty good too.
  18. Wilks made a mistake. Arizona had a very good front four and coaching had a lot to do with it. I would love to see Buckner back. Sam Mills III has been with the team for a long time but I don't think we should pass on a DL coach that has performed in the trenches (especially in Panther Colors). I don't know how much of keeping Sam on the payroll was in respect to his father but IMO he has never suited up in a game, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'd rather have someone who has.
  19. Man, Would love to have Del Rio back at the helm of the defense again. He is a great DC, wonder why they chose Bettcher over him? Del Rio is kinda like Norv Turner in this respect. He's a great coordinator but an OK head coach.
  20. Panthers met with Josh Allen

The guy can't throw. You want to stay far away from sub-60% college passers. Cam was ten percentage points better in college. 66% at Auburn vs. Allen's 56%. Allen has BUST written all over him. Everyone wants to compare him to Wentz due to small school and coach, but IMO he's reminiscent of guys like Jake Locker and Christian Hackenberg.
  21. First Pick Mock

Try my hand at some offense stacked drafts Round 1 Pick 24: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU (A) Round 2 Pick 23: Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis (A) Round 3 Pick 8 (NYJ): Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina (A-) Round 5 Pick 24: Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech (A+) Round 6 Pick 23: JK Scott, P, Alabama (A+) Round 7 Pick 16: B.J. Hill, DT, North Carolina State (A+) Round 7 Pick 24: David Moa, DE, Boise State (A+) Your Picks: Round 1 Pick 24: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama (A+) Round 2 Pick 23: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A) Round 3 Pick 21: DeShon Elliott, SS, Texas (A+) Round 3 Pick 24: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (A) Round 5 Pick 24: Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon (A+) Round 6 Pick 23: Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis (A+) Round 7 Pick 16: Austin Corbett, OG, Nevada (A+) Round 7 Pick 24: John Atkins, DT, Georgia (A+)
  22. Transcript from Media CC with Norv Turner

Great Job Jeremy, I couldn't help but think about Michael Jordan and the Bulls in his early years. In his first couple of years players would expect Mike to win the game for them. Then they got players that knew their role and performed that role at a high level and the Bulls Dominated the 90's because each player played at a high level. If you look at those players after the Bulls broke up most of them disappeared as far as talented. I think in some sense this is the same with Cam. Many of the players expected Cam to win the game for us. He was pretty good at putting this team on his shoulders and carrying us to a win. Turner wants everyone to step up their game and produce or he'll find someone who will. I believe we will add a veteran and IMO it will be someone who has played in Turner's offense before. I also believe our young receivers (Funchess, Samuel and Byrd) have the skills he desires on this team. To me, Turner gets it. He knows the potential of this team and getting everyone onboard to be their absolute best is his #1 priority. I honestly see a very impressive and potent offense in 2018 and beyond. Hopefully, Turner stays a couple/three seasons and then turns the reigns over to his son. This should take the Turner offense through the rest of Cam's career.
  1. Load more activity

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    redsouthland