1. Batum wants to stay. I don't know if the market will dictate he's a max guy, but I think we keep him around.
2. Neither. Would rather have Joakim Noah. We tried a Whiteside experiment in Lance two years ago under similar circumstances and it crashed and burned. Having learned their lesson, I doubt they go that direction. If Miami doesn't go after Durant, Hassan will stay there.
If we actually wanted Howard as badly as rumors indicate we would have offered more than Al+Hawes at the deadline. I think he could have a small renaissance here but I dont think he fits the locker room.
3. We have all the leverage on Lin. He loves it here and for the right price I'd love to have him back. Depends on what he wants to do as far as money vs. comfort.
4. Would like to have Lee back but we already extended Lamb and if we assume MKG finally stays healthy then Lee will be reduced to a bench role. I think we dump Lamb and try to bring Lee back since he is looking for some stability after being traded constantly during his career.
4. I'd be wary of bringing Marvin back on an above market deal if for no other reason than Frank has now started in the playoffs and if he is your stretch four of the future then Marvin doesn't need to be that stopgap anymore. He made starter money this year so who knows what happens here.
I appreciate your hard work BP, but I don't agree with your offseason at all, haha. Cho has always preached flexibility since he arrived, and signing two max deals especially to guys like Batum and Howard just isn't fiscally responsible.
Sign: Lin, Batum, Lee, Noah, Daniels, various benchwarmers to get to 14.
Draft: Taurean Prince, SF, Baylor