Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the most important player on the panthers defense?

100 posts in this topic

Posted

So I was browsing through Bleacher Report today and Matt Miller self proclaimed "NFL Scout" had an article up today about the " Top 100 players in the NFL"

In this article he had Luke Kuechly ranked 76th and Greg Hardy ranked 9th out of 100. I am really getting the feeling BR, ESPN, and FOX sports are not giving the credit Luke deserves. I can't remember the last time a MLB had 24 tackles and a pick in a game, that allowed their team to win their division.

So in the comments below state who is the most important player on the defense. I can watch a panthers defense without hardy, I don't think I can imagine one without Kuechly.

Posted

Luke, but this defense is dominant because we have numerous important players. Take away Star or CJ or Hardy or TD and we lose a big piece and our defense suffers greatly.

Edit: I posted that up there without reading the paragraph, just the heading... After reading the paragraph all I have to say is What. The. fug. Luke should be top 5 and Hardy should be somewhere around 75-85.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah luke was way underrated and hardy way overrated. But that's BR

1 person likes this

Posted

Star

5 people like this

Posted

Ahahahahahahaha

Posted

Luke.

Posted

LUKEEEE!!!!

Posted

Luke Starkraken

3 people like this

Posted

Star is the most important. He's the glue

1 person likes this

Posted

Star

Posted

Unanswerable question

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

The answer is clear.  Luke singlehandedly took our defense from the high 20s to the low teens in 2012 with many suspect components.  Hardy had a stellar year in 2013 but he didn't have anything close to the impact that Luke had. Hardy being that high simply reflects the importance that DEs get when looking at defenses.  Anyone who knows the Panthers also knows that Luke is the runaway best player on defense and it isn't even close.

1 person likes this