#1 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QtTaJQsXM8M-background story

Not a lot being said about this kid. I think he has tayvon austin like ability all though I can see issues with him making the due to injuries. He could easily see time on the field on special teams. I like the idea of bring him into camp.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PRZvaH0gRcM-highlights in canada.

Not sure why my links aren't embeding.. could someone help me out? 

#2 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

Was just talking to a friend about Devine. Think his best shot is to impress on special teams

#3 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

Its just a tryout for now.  But if he makes it to TC he will be battling Barner for a Position. 

#4 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

Also he isnt a wr like Austin.  Pure RB/KR.

#5 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

Also he isnt a wr like Austin.  Pure RB/KR.

Might want to look again at the tape in canada. he was catching alot of passes some of them down the field deep. I think he's a utility type player. where ever u can get him on the field at.

#6 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

Might want to look again at the tape in canada. he was catching alot of passes some of them down the field deep. I think he's a utility type player. where ever u can get him on the field at.

Ah was just going off what he did at WVU.  If that is the case it only increases his value. 

#7 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

Hopefully he will remember quickly that fields here in Merica aren't quite as wide as those up there.

He seemed to get by using the entire width of the field on the majority of those clips. Won't work here.

#8 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

I don't think my house has the right outlets to watch Canadian tape. :(

#9 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

Scrub. Would be surprised if he makes it to TC. 

#10 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

http://profootballta...-on-the-eagles/

#11 updownsigma

updownsigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationDurham

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

I remember hearing about him in 05/06 when he was ridiculously hyped up coming out of high school. Funny how some guys never pan out.  

Anyway. Is he better than Barner though?

#12 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

I remember seeing his high school tape back in the day and thinking that he was going to be a future stud.  This is really the first time I've watched his tape since that point, and frankly, I'm not that impressed.

The highlights from the CFL show me a player that has speed and a little bit of vision, but neither are anything that puts him above any number of scrubs all over the NFL.  In particular, he was getting chased down nearly every time he managed to break through a hole...many times when he had open field ahead.  Considering this was against CFL level players, he should be dominating if he has any chance to make it in the NFL.  If anything, he just looks like an average CFL guy, and nothing better than what we could pick up from random Arena Football teams.

#13 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

I remember seeing his high school tape back in the day and thinking that he was going to be a future stud.  This is really the first time I've watched his tape since that point, and frankly, I'm not that impressed.

The highlights from the CFL show me a player that has speed and a little bit of vision, but neither are anything that puts him above any number of scrubs all over the NFL.  In particular, he was getting chased down nearly every time he managed to break through a hole...many times when he had open field ahead.  Considering this was against CFL level players, he should be dominating if he has any chance to make it in the NFL.  If anything, he just looks like an average CFL guy, and nothing better than what we could pick up from random Arena Football teams.

D'oooohhhhhh

#14 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

I don't think my house has the right outlets to watch Canadian tape. :(

Is that a Harriet Tubman reference?

#15 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

I remember seeing his high school tape back in the day and thinking that he was going to be a future stud. This is really the first time I've watched his tape since that point, and frankly, I'm not that impressed.

The highlights from the CFL show me a player that has speed and a little bit of vision, but neither are anything that puts him above any number of scrubs all over the NFL. In particular, he was getting chased down nearly every time he managed to break through a hole...many times when he had open field ahead. Considering this was against CFL level players, he should be dominating if he has any chance to make it in the NFL. If anything, he just looks like an average CFL guy, and nothing better than what we could pick up from random Arena Football teams.

I suppose you think Gaffney is much better because he played at stanford lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com