Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is your schools "sleeper"

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Who is a player on your team that you think is going to have a breakout season or is going to be better than "the media" thinks?

For NCSU I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Owen Spencer is going to be a first team caliber receiver. He had a little case of the dropsies last year but his route running is spectacular and he is an athlete...SO I'm saying he is going to get recognition as a possible first team receiver. The other one that I was thinking about is Alan-Michael Cash. If he can stay healthy the whole season (fingers crossed) then he will also get a lot of consideration for 2nd team DT. Probably not 1st team with Oghabassee and Austin but will definitely at top 5 D-linemen in the ACC.

Posted

Another at NC State that I think will surprise some people is safety Clem Johnson. When he wasn't hurt last year he really played well. If he can stay healthy I think he has the potential to really surprise some people this year.

Posted

If Owen Spencer could catch a damn ball everyone would have been a lot more aware of him, though I suppose that could be a good thing for this season. What was he, 3rd in the nation in ypc?

Posted

For UNC:

Offense: Zack Pianalto-Was honorable mention Freshman All-America his freshman year, but missed Most of last season due to injuries.

Defense: Robert Quinn-probably The most athletic DE or D-line in the ACC. Looked solid last year as a true freshman.

Both IMO could end up being 1st team all-ACC this year.

Posted

Duke:

Offense: Johnny Williams, WR. I think the kid is gonna be a stud, especially in Coach Cut's system. He is undersized, but performed as a true freshman.

Defense: Matt Daniels, S. Another young kid, true soph. Was a good get for Cut in his first couple months at Duke. Can put a hit on you and is improving everyday in coverage.

Posted

USF

offense: Matt Grothe-possible dark horse Heisman winner

defense: George Selvie- most likely a top 10 pick in next yrs draft

Posted

USF

Sorry that dark horse Heisman winner made me laugh so hard.

Not sure about top 10. Many project him to be a OLB. Think he'll be top 15.

Posted

USF

We said sleeper not star players lol

Posted

Monterio Hardesty.

Everyone is looking for Bryce Brown to have such a big season, but Hardesty is the senior who has been a solid #2 up until now. He should win the #1 job this year, and do really well for the Vols.

Posted

We said sleeper not star players lol

Those are the only two players anyone knows to begin with.

For Nebraska, Roy Helu & Phillip Dillard.

Posted

Illinois on offense - Michael Hoomanawanui. With Benn and Fayson commanding defenses in the passing game, I think Uh-oh may get lost in the shuffle and become a good valve for Juice if things break down.

Defense - Dere Hicks. Been in Vontae's shadow the last 2 years, his year to shine in the secondary.

Posted

For UNC:

Offense: Zack Pianalto-Was honorable mention Freshman All-America his freshman year, but missed Most of last season due to injuries.

Defense: Robert Quinn-probably The most athletic DE or D-line in the ACC. Looked solid last year as a true freshman.

Both IMO could end up being 1st team all-ACC this year.

I can agree with both of these

If Pinalto stays healthy I also think him, if not look towards Greg Little....he is finally going to be used where he what he was recruited for.

Defense if not Quinn, I say Deunta Williams, he has shown signs the past two year, but this year without Goddard there I think he has a break out season