• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:18 PM

Who is a player on your team that you think is going to have a breakout season or is going to be better than "the media" thinks?

For NCSU I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Owen Spencer is going to be a first team caliber receiver. He had a little case of the dropsies last year but his route running is spectacular and he is an athlete...SO I'm saying he is going to get recognition as a possible first team receiver. The other one that I was thinking about is Alan-Michael Cash. If he can stay healthy the whole season (fingers crossed) then he will also get a lot of consideration for 2nd team DT. Probably not 1st team with Oghabassee and Austin but will definitely at top 5 D-linemen in the ACC.

#2 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

Another at NC State that I think will surprise some people is safety Clem Johnson. When he wasn't hurt last year he really played well. If he can stay healthy I think he has the potential to really surprise some people this year.

#3 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:33 PM

If Owen Spencer could catch a damn ball everyone would have been a lot more aware of him, though I suppose that could be a good thing for this season. What was he, 3rd in the nation in ypc?

#4 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:52 PM

For UNC:

Offense: Zack Pianalto-Was honorable mention Freshman All-America his freshman year, but missed Most of last season due to injuries.

Defense: Robert Quinn-probably The most athletic DE or D-line in the ACC. Looked solid last year as a true freshman.

Both IMO could end up being 1st team all-ACC this year.

#5 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:54 AM

Duke:

Offense: Johnny Williams, WR. I think the kid is gonna be a stud, especially in Coach Cut's system. He is undersized, but performed as a true freshman.

Defense: Matt Daniels, S. Another young kid, true soph. Was a good get for Cut in his first couple months at Duke. Can put a hit on you and is improving everyday in coverage.

#6 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:00 AM

USF
offense: Matt Grothe-possible dark horse Heisman winner

defense: George Selvie- most likely a top 10 pick in next yrs draft

#7 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:11 PM

USF

Sorry that dark horse Heisman winner made me laugh so hard.

Not sure about top 10. Many project him to be a OLB. Think he'll be top 15.

#8 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,276 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

USF

We said sleeper not star players lol

#9 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

Monterio Hardesty.
Everyone is looking for Bryce Brown to have such a big season, but Hardesty is the senior who has been a solid #2 up until now. He should win the #1 job this year, and do really well for the Vols.

#10 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:07 PM

We said sleeper not star players lol

Those are the only two players anyone knows to begin with.

For Nebraska, Roy Helu & Phillip Dillard.

#11 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:27 PM

Illinois on offense - Michael Hoomanawanui. With Benn and Fayson commanding defenses in the passing game, I think Uh-oh may get lost in the shuffle and become a good valve for Juice if things break down.

Defense - Dere Hicks. Been in Vontae's shadow the last 2 years, his year to shine in the secondary.

#12 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:24 AM

For UNC:

Offense: Zack Pianalto-Was honorable mention Freshman All-America his freshman year, but missed Most of last season due to injuries.

Defense: Robert Quinn-probably The most athletic DE or D-line in the ACC. Looked solid last year as a true freshman.

Both IMO could end up being 1st team all-ACC this year.

I can agree with both of these

If Pinalto stays healthy I also think him, if not look towards Greg Little....he is finally going to be used where he what he was recruited for.

Defense if not Quinn, I say Deunta Williams, he has shown signs the past two year, but this year without Goddard there I think he has a break out season

Edited by Tweeder, 07 August 2009 - 05:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.