Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kony Ealy Earning Praise

62 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Would you rather have that, or Cam. I don't believe you can have both long term.

On the assumption that Hardy is on the books, and CJ, Deangelo, Stewart, and dead money to players that haven't played in years, it should be feasible by that time no?

Posted · Report post

Excellent to hear! Ealy is a versatile DE with promise. I knew right from the start he'd be a Panther if he fell to us, and voilà...

If he can stay healthy, NFL offenses across the NFL will be fearing Carolina's pass rush for years to come.

Posted · Report post

Would you rather have that, or Cam. I don't believe you can have both long term.

Not so sure about that if the cap limit continues to increase like expected, but I really have no idea. 

Is it choosing him over Cam, or is it choosing him over Charles Johnson?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I was always a fan of this pick.  Johnson is on a massive contract and Hardy is on a one year deal.  If Ealy steps up it should make letting one of those guys go very easy.  Pass rushers are much easier to find than a guy like Cam Newton, who might get the biggest contract in the history of the NFL depending on how these next couple years go.

Posted · Report post

Theres not anyone on the team that I, or anyone in their right mind would choose over Cam.....I dont think its even a question.  Cam and Luke are gonna get monster deals.  Everyone else is expendable.

Posted · Report post

A coach praising his 2nd round draft pick that many fans (and NFL beat writers) questioned when he was selected? I, for one, am completely shocked. 

Next thing you're gonna tell me is how everyone was praising Cam on watching film and working hard. 

Posted · Report post

My boy!

Posted · Report post

A coach praising his 2nd round draft pick that many fans (and NFL beat writers) questioned when he was selected? I, for one, am completely shocked.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is how everyone was praising Cam on watching film and working hard.

If only everyone was as smart and concise as you.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

If only everyone was as smart and concise as you.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

What else would you expect him to say? 

PR machine, dude. Rivera is an intelligent guy. He's got a bit of politician in him. 

Posted · Report post

The fact that Rivera gives specific traits he is happy to be seeing tells me it's not fluff. Fluff is non-specific.

Posted · Report post

Should've drafted that 8th round rated tackle instead.

Wtf were we thinking?!

Posted · Report post

The fact that Rivera gives specific traits he is happy to be seeing tells me it's not fluff. Fluff is non-specific.

I didn't love the pick but I didn't hate it. Absolutely great value where they got him. I still think they maybe could have gone in a different direction than from a guy who is only going to play when CJ or GH need a quick breather. 

1 person likes this