Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tiny Richardson turning heads with Vikings

73 posts in this topic

Posted

Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman. . .spoke positively of Richardson saying he’s “popped up” (during OTA’s.)

Such a glowing endorsement.

3 people like this

Posted

Good for him. 

Posted

my first thought was that this thread was about one of jerry richardson's sons, inexplicably referred to as "tiny"

4 people like this

Posted

I think I'm going to cry with ctrcat on this one..  I mean, I have nothing invested in any of this but he sounds so concerned..  

Posted

Such a glowing endorsement.

Spielman is no Einstein and I'd probably rather have Hurney, but there was no risk on this one and it's salt on the wound.

Posted

Spielman is no Einstein and I'd probably rather have Hurney, but there was no risk on this one and it's salt on the wound.

There's no indication we didn't make him a UDFA offer and he chose the Vikings instead. But his knees scared off every team from using a draft pick on him.

And has been repeated ad nauseum, the front office feels Bell or Chandler will be better. We'll just have to see.

1 person likes this

Posted

In other words he's just a guy.

The interview probably went like this...

Reporter: How's Tiny been doing.

Spielman: He's popped up a few times here and there.

Fans: Well damn we just got our Victor Cruz

You can't expect the general manager to come out and say the guy is struging or he's going to get cut. Spielman saying he's pumped up is about the equivalent to Rivera saying that he likes some of things Bell is doing.

Personally, I'd wait to crown him. Pads aren't an issue for me because you either know the technique or you don't. However, not going full speed is an for me because you can know the technique and overall be a decent player but not be quick enough.

Posted

Hard to believe he'd chose frostbite and a team in the johnny flusher over a team closer to home with a need at tackle but with all the other pieces to become the greatest dynasty of the salary cap era. Possible, but maddening.

Not to mention his former teammate and supposed lesser prospect was a top 20 pick and he has countless reasons to be motivated.

Posted

Maybe we offered him a deal and he said fug the Panthers. Maybe he is a huge fan of Norse mythology and likes purple.

too legit to quit?  eh?