Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osama is dead and Al Q is on the run

92 posts in this topic

Posted

So his ratings are sky high, I see

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

1 person likes this

Posted

Can someone bottom line this thread? Its all over the place.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Can someone bottom line this thread? Its all over the place.

Obama is going after Al Qaeda in a tank. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Or, we could try like hell to lower the price of gasoline in the US, as that is a back breaker for the middle and lower middle class.

For some maybe, but considering Americans by and large used previously artificially low gas prices as an excuse to buy gas guzzling SUVs, never invest in public transport, and move to slightly bigger houses 20 miles from work rather than save or spend than money elsewhere, I'm not sure I really believe you.

Sent from my iPhone using Carolina

2 people like this

Posted

Let me get this straight. Raising min wage will boost the economy but lower gas prices for people with more income will not?

Posted

Let me get this straight. Raising min wage will boost the economy but lower gas prices for people with more income will not?

There are fewer people with more income.

Posted

Which group has a better chance of paying for MORE taxes? Poor or middle class?

Posted

Yeah the logic does not make sense. Lower gas prices has more affect in prices and purchasing power than minimum wage increase does on the whole. Gas/oil affects everything since it is the driver right now of the economy and touches all sectors of the economy. Oh well

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

We all love taxes; the greater good, equality, financing corporations/politicians, wasteful programs to pay for, and socio-economic class warfare. Nothing like tax burden debates.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

I thought you were talking about gas prices versus taxable wage.  I was unaware you were talking about raising taxes.

Posted

I thought you were talking about gas prices versus taxable wage.  I was unaware you were talking about raising taxes.

The context was lowering gas prices and it's impact on middle to lower class. I brought up min wage because many argued it would boost the economy when lower gas prices has a more robust multiplier on the economy.

I was trying to understand the tax/econ posture between the two. It included previous threads that have gone on here lately.

Higher gas prices essentially are raising taxes.

But this thread is about some bizarre prez/Iraq thingy.

Posted

The context was lowering gas prices and it's impact on middle to lower class. I brought up min wage because many argued it would boost the economy when lower gas prices has a more robust multiplier on the economy.

I was trying to understand the tax/econ posture between the two. It included previous threads that have gone on here lately.

Higher gas prices essentially are raising taxes.

But this thread is about some bizarre prez/Iraq thingy.

I propose that lowering gas prices disproportionately benefits the smaller amount of society if we are weighing it alone versus raising the minimum wage.