#16 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

My wife's family lives in Naw'lins so we come twice a year. First off, the worst drivers I have ever seen and I have lived in both NY and Fla. I-10 is constant grid lock and accidents every mile or so....total cluster "F". Think another SB here would be laughable unless you repelled from a helicopter onto the Super Dome.Went to the French qtr for some food (which is great) and with the drunks,trannies, and freaks,it was pretty entertaining.Asheville has nothing on this place when we are talking bizarre people(to each his own...that's why I love Asheville).Saints flags every where and Brees's mug every where..even overheard tour guides saying "drew eats here and likes this restaurant" etc.Have my Panthers plate on my vehicle and love the stink eye's I get.Reporting from the huddle's favorite city and getting ready to fight my way out...the lone Panther fan here in town.

I was stationed in New Orleans for four years in the Coast Guard and enjoyed my time there, but I was ready to leave.  Not a good place to raise a family unless you got the dough to send your kids to private school.  And the Catholic Church runs just about damn near every private school there.  Towards the end of my tour, I started spending more time in Baton Rouge than NOLA.  Baton Rouge is a city I could live in.

I do miss the drive thru daquiri shops though....and the saltwater fishing down towards the Gulf.

Edited by Woodcookedbbq, 14 June 2014 - 01:09 PM.

#17 shelbypanther

shelbypanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

I met a guy in Texas a few weeks ago that swore those levees were destroyed by man

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Poorly built by man maybe, but destroyed?  Let me guess, this guy owns a house on a grassy knoll as well..... :lol:

#18 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,309 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Poorly built by man maybe, but destroyed? Let me guess, this guy owns a house on a grassy knoll as well..... :lol:

From what I understand Tex listens to the black community's Alex Jones.

#19 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

Welcome to New Orleans. America's Venereal City.

Don't forget "Chocolate" in your descriptions according to former mayor and now convicted Katrina opportunist Ray Nagin.

#20 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

Poorly built by man maybe, but destroyed? Let me guess, this guy owns a house on a grassy knoll as well..... :lol:

A lot of people believe that the levees were destroyed in certain places to preserve the French Quarter. I think they were just shoddy built.

#21 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,309 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

A lot of people believe that the levees were destroyed in certain places to preserve the French Quarter. I think they were just shoddy built.

Many things are poorly built in NOLA. For example the Saints QB or the nba team

#22 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

Food there is great, but charleston is basically the same without the constant smell of urine.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

#23 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

My wife's family lives in Naw'lins so we come twice a year. First off, the worst drivers I have ever seen and I have lived in both NY and Fla. I-10 is constant grid lock and accidents every mile or so....total cluster "F". Think another SB here would be laughable unless you repelled from a helicopter onto the Super Dome.Went to the French qtr for some food (which is great) and with the drunks,trannies, and freaks,it was pretty entertaining.Asheville has nothing on this place when we are talking bizarre people(to each his own...that's why I love Asheville).Saints flags every where and Brees's mug every where..even overheard tour guides saying "drew eats here and likes this restaurant" etc.Have my Panthers plate on my vehicle and love the stink eye's I get.Reporting from the huddle's favorite city and getting ready to fight my way out...the lone Panther fan here in town.

I have to relocate to Baton Rouge for months of Sept-Dec. Fun, Fun spending football season in La.

#24 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

Worst part is.....I have to hire a staff of Saints/LSU fans to do a job correctly! Big challenges await

#25 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

Many things are poorly built in NOLA. For example the Saints QB or the nba team

I didn't realize Drew was built poorly. I know he's a bit small but it hasn't affected him much on the football field, but maybe you're correct.

The Pelicans? They had a pretty poor year injury wise. Seems like everyone missed time at some point. Anderson and Holliday missed the majority of the season. They've got plenty of talent though and hopefully rebound this coming season. I'm hoping you aren't a Bobcats fan claiming the Pelicans are built poorly lol.

#26 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,517 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Worst part is.....I have to hire a staff of Saints/LSU fans to do a job correctly! Big challenges await

god help you if you need consistent electrical power

#27 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,346 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

Never been to the big swamp below sea level, but my wife was born and raised in Asheville.  The whole family migrated to Raleigh though...

It's a decent place to visit, with a magnificent landscape, and probably a great place to live for most.

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,517 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

I didn't realize Drew was built poorly. I know he's a bit small but it hasn't affected him much on the football field, but maybe you're correct.

it's not that he's built poorly it's just we didn't know they stacked poo that high

#29 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,835 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

New Orleans is essentially a fourth world Country. 

#30 saints4life25

saints4life25

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

it's not that he's built poorly it's just we didn't know they stacked poo that high

Nice one...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com