Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are PJ and Hood here for a 2nd workout?

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Payton is a risky pick.

A career .268% three point shooter and only a career 61% FT shooter??

Ugh. I don't know. I like his size and athleticism, but how is he different from a guy like Deandre Kane that you can get in the second round or even possibly as an UDFA?

It is. If you're taking him it'll be based all on "upside" + what he did in the final four tourney. Which there's a lot to like.

You could compare his percentage to a guy like MCW: .307% 3P / .679% FT.

Shooting is a thing that can be taught. It shouldn't be a problem for a guy like Payton. It's not like you're having to change his whole shooting form like MKG.

Posted

If Sacramento wants to take him at 8, it means don't draft him at all.

Posted

It is. If you're taking him it'll be based all on "upside" + what he did in the final four tourney. Which there's a lot to like.

You could compare his percentage to a guy like MCW: .307% 3P / .679% FT.

Shooting is a thing that can be taught. It shouldn't be a problem for a guy like Payton. It's not like you're having to change his whole shooting form like MKG.

Shooting is not always a thing that can be taught.  If shooting is something easily taught it would be something that everyone was proficient at.

I would be excited about Payton at #24, or if we traded back with the Bulls or someone and got him in the mid teens. 

But #9 makes me a little woozy lol.

Posted

I dont believe that no9 is too high at all for Payton. Saw a mock having him go no8 to Sac. He's the Damian Lillard of this draft. Only reason why he's not projected high is bc he's from a small school. Put him at UK and he would probably be a legit top8 pick.

Payton has size and athleticism. A very good floor generator and great feel for the game. Just kinda raw and needs to work on shooting the ball. But , could be a legit PG and the future for a team like Charlotte.

If Cho, MJ, and scouting team know what they're doing Payton should be very high on their list.

Chad Ford has Payton going #8 as well.  Not sure if that is the mock you saw or not, but some are indeed projecting him that high

Posted

Shooting is not always a thing that can be taught. If shooting is something easily taught it would be something that everyone was proficient at.

I would be excited about Payton at #24, or if we traded back with the Bulls or someone and got him in the mid teens.

But #9 makes me a little woozy lol.

Payton is not that bad. He's not MKG or Biz. Guys like Leonard, Rondo, and even Splitter (FT) have been able to learn how to shoot.

I agree that at 9, it is a risky pick but the potential is there. He've shown that he can play with bigger competition.

Posted

Chad Ford has Payton going #8 as well. Not sure if that is the mock you saw or not, but some are indeed projecting him that high

No, the one I saw def wasn't Ford's mock. I forgot where I seen it.

Posted

Ford had us drafting McDermott and PJ in the 1st.

We would have two amazing shooters at least, might not be able to guard anyone, but we could jack up some threes.

Seriously though, that wouldn't be the worst first round

Posted

Game winning shots, a saving rebound or steal and you don't here poo from the Kemba haters (Chuck, Brent Jensen). Kemba can be killing it for a month. But as soon as he has 1 bad shooting game. Here comes Chuck wanting to trade him for Michael Kaybongo.

Posted

Yeah, I am not to high on Hood, and his stock seems to be dropping.  Didn't have a great combine either.

Posted

Game winning shots, a saving rebound or steal and you don't here poo from the Kemba haters (Chuck, Brent Jensen). Kemba can be killing it for a month. But as soon as he has 1 bad shooting game. Here comes Chuck wanting to trade him for Michael Kaybongo.

Lol!!!!