Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

one of my better finds at Goodwill.. I'm sure you'll agree.

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 Billy Love

Billy Love

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:39 AM

It's too damn hot in BOA to wear jersey's until November December games

Edited by Billy Love, 21 June 2014 - 07:39 AM.

#32 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,632 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

It's too damn hot in BOA to wear jersey's until November December games

I suck it up. I'm an admitted jersey dork. A grown man wearing some other dudes name on his back is lame, but I can't watch a Panther game without one on.

#33 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1403353551.896907.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1403353561.211478.jpg

I'm loving my Gross. Now I can't wait for game day.

Sent from my iPhizzle while pooping using CarolinaHizzle

That's a fake. Sorry dude.

#34 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,976 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

I suck it up. I'm an admitted jersey dork. A grown man wearing some other dudes name on his back is lame, but I can't watch a Panther game without one on.

My name is CatMan72 and I'm a jersey dork too.

Sent from my QMV7A using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#35 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,640 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

Real or fake I love it!! It's going to look badass when Luke signs it.

#36 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Highway robbery! Gat dam

#37 PerCC

PerCC

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationBoone/Charlotte, NC

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

How did you identify this in the pictures as being fake?  To caveat, I don't buy jerseys or collect them but I am a stingy MF and really like it when someone finds a deal.  At the same time I hate it that someone can get duped in the process mind you for 3.99 it does matter and is a good find fake or not but this may not be the case all the time.

Please explain...

I'll go into some detail. 

First off, as a whole fake jerseys have that "look" to them. It's hard to describe until you have seen a lot, but it's a combination of shiny numbers, sloppy stitching, wrong colors, unsightly creases and wrinkles, the jock tag on the front being too high, and a crooked NFL shield on the neck. 

Specifically to the Panthers jersey (which I am most familiar with) the main giveaways are usually the shade of blue, the KEEP POUNDING font, and the Panther logo being stitched rather than screen printed. Here are a few links to eBay for blatantly fake jerseys (all from the fist page of results). As you can see, eBay is littered with fakes.

1) http://www.ebay.com/...=item35d86897c8

2) This one is harder to tell since the pictures are poor, but look how crooked the NFL shield is, and how high the jock tag is on the front right.  http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f3855e598

3) Look at the horrible logo (our old one, as well as weird colors) and the KEEP POUNDING font.  http://www.ebay.com/...=item35d858f377

4) http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f3855eec2

I have nothing against fakes, as some people don't want to spend a fortune on a jersey. In fact, I have one of these Chinese fakes - a white Luke jersey. I thought I would be fine with it, but once I began to realize just how different they were from the real thing, I broke down and got a legit Cam jersey last year.

It;s a real jersey, it;s just a factory second. One sleeve is 1/4 shorter than the other or something. Chinese companies buy them as damaged, finish them, and sell them cheaper. I got a Cam jersey off of Ebay for 25 bucks just like it- new Nike jersey with the old logo patch. And I have 325 reasons to be happy with it.

This is false. The Chinese jerseys are not seconds, rejects, or any of that. They are fraudulently built from scratch. They don't use the same material blend as the $300 Elites, and it's night and day when you compare and feel them in person. 

#38 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,990 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

#39 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,640 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

I also found this last week at goodwill

20140618_212428.jpg

20140618_212435.jpg

#40 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,640 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

I'm sure it's a fake, lol

not

Edited by jasonluckydog, 21 June 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#41 party_animal

party_animal

Big Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

That is a Chinese fake. I bought one in Dubai a few years back. Same materials and construction.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#42 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

Yeah the jersey is fake...but for that price it doesn't matter. 

Get it signed, fold the sleeves in, frame...bam. 

#43 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

I don't see why some people get so riled up by fake jerseys at that price.

Dawg, it was $4. You can buy jerseys at Goodwill that you won't ever wear once (I've bought 3 XXL sizes even though I wear a medium), but sometimes it's just cool to have them. Even working my summer job at $8 an hour, nabbing a nice looking jersey with sewn on letters/numbers for 30 minutes of work? Hell yeah I'd take it.

For example, I bought a Vince Carter UNC jersey at a Goodwill in Durham for 3-4 bucks. I'm certain that at the very least the lettering isn't real, but now I hang it in my room in Chapel Hill just as a decoration.

Unless you're paying a boatload for a fake, which even then it's significantly cheaper than a real with only slight differences, then I don't see the issue personally.

Edited by Smitty Is Our Savior, 21 June 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#44 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

Unless you're paying a boatload for a fake, which even then it's significantly cheaper for a real with only slight differences, then I don't see the issue personally.

Thats because there is no issue, unless like you stated, you are paying 300 bux for an item you think is "real". All the jerseys, fake or real, are made by under aged, under paid and over worked slaves. So really, its all the same.

#45 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

it looks good but it is fake, the panther on the sleeve gives it away, but as long as the blue is the right shade i'd rock it proudly (esp for 4 bucks)

but to who said the stiched ones dont have a sewn on logos is wrong, the middle versions (not screen printed but not the elites) DO have a patch panther but they are not the same way as the bootlegs

the ones without the double stich, just the single stich numbers have a patch for the panther, but its a solid patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.