107 replies to this topic

#16 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

#FireShula

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,803 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:47 AM

Does anyone else giggle when they see a pocket QB make a run for it?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#17 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

What a fuging dumbass thing to say when the most obvious choices are Cunningham and Young. And if you look deeper in history, Tarkenton was a running and passing QB too.

#18 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:53 AM

Even during Vick's time, McNabb and McNair and Garcia. Vick revolutionized sh**!

#19 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:08 AM

Honestly, if Vick wasnt so injury prone, he would be great. He was electrifying before prison, but he wasnt much of a passer. After prison tho, he was straight nasty. He just couldnt stay healthy. Talent wise he hasnt, just cant stay on field.

#20 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:18 AM

He was a one year wonder as a passer/runner in 2010 which was the year he was in the MVP discussion and its only because no one expected him to play. Once everyone had an offseason to watch film and gameplan for him he went right back to being a turnover machine and made of glass

#21 DatsMyQuarterback

DatsMyQuarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem N.C.

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

The gift and the curse...

#22 Originalman

Originalman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:23 AM

How does a fuging scrub like Bobby Douglas even get mentioned with Cunningham,McNabb and McNair. Douglas literally could not pass or read a defense. During his time in the league he was on of the worst starting QBs in the league. He was a pure runner and nothing else. McNabb, McNair and Cunningham were actual dual threat QBs that could beat you with the pass or run or both.

Edited by Originalman, 21 June 2014 - 05:25 AM.

#23 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

Funny, but I feel like Cam, Wilson, Luck, RG3, and Kaep revolutionized the game. Most feel like Vicks style was what you didn't want in a running QB. Now the NFL wants mobile QBs that can also pass and prefer them to be big.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#24 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:54 AM

yeah, Evevrybody thought Cam would be known as a running QB, but when the times comes it won't be the first thing brought up about him...oh it's not brought up first about Vick either. lol

Yes it will be.

Not to say Cam isn't a pass first guy.  He clearly goes through his reads first (most of the time) before taking off and even then, tends to be too hesitant to run at times.  But his ability to run the ball at his size will always be the first thing people think of.  He is a freak.

#25 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,230 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

LOL this guy is such a douche bag. He was fast I will give him that but TD destroyed his ass as soon as he hit the league.

#26 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:19 AM

Beat defenses with his arm?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#27 Jimmy

Jimmy

Beer Me

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,500 posts
  • LocationOn A Mother F'ing Boat

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

Fran Tarkenton was the first in my mind. Steve Young was a runner at times. I remember Cunningham running a lot. Vick is no doubt the fastest but being fast doesn't make you first. Sorry Ricky Bobby.

Sent from my ADR910L using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Edited by Jimmy, 21 June 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#28 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,791 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

Guys that say things like this just prove they have no respect for the game or for those who played it before them.

#29 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 3,483 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

This is only Vick putting his name out there so he can be considered for the HOF.one day.  

One of the criteria they look at is.  Did he change the game? 

Tarkenton and Young were just as dangerous.   I remember that run Young had to put the Vikings away 20+ years ago.  

#30 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:14 AM

I think Randall Cunningham was a predecessor to Vick helped develop a new dynamic to the modern day QB which has become a bit more prevalent over the past few years. A lot of the "top" NFL QBs are still pocket passers and dont have the running/scramble ability that you would think had the position been "revolutionized" by Vick. (Manning, Brady, Brees, Flacco, Rothlesburger, Ryan, Rivers,)

I understand his sentiment to an extent but I think the self importance is a bit over done.

Those are the old guys who will be gone in 2-3 years. Look at all the young good qbs. What do they ALL have in common.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com