Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,671 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:18 AM

Jordan Gross struggled early too.

The transition from college to pro is not easy for anyone. Guys "struggling" this early in the process is no shock. And frankly, as a predictor of his NFL future, it's largely meaningless.

People are way too eager to declare young guys 'boom' or 'bust'. At least let the kid take a snap in an NFL game first.

#17 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,641 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

I'm not saying this because I'm biased I'm saying this because I did a lot of research, but Trai Turner will be the best guard out of this draft class regardless of if Robinson stays at guard or eventually goes back to tackle.

I was re-watching Turners high school tape a few days ago and he just wows. I believe the first or second play he lifts the defensive end completely off the ground lol.

#18 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,738 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:33 AM

Attached File  ImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1403515995.277841.jpg   174.77KB   37 downloads

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#19 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,792 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

Sure looks like the inept Rams blew what should have been a franchise changing trade with the Redskibs. But, they have parlayed multiple picks into hot garbage.

#20 DOMOMAN

DOMOMAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

Didn't they already draft this guy once, only his name was Jason Smith?

#21 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:49 AM

Lots of guys start at guard, less of a learning curve and it gives them time to get comfortable without being on an island at tackle.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#22 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,465 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

They paid a shitton of money for Jake Long just last offseason.  Then they decided to resign Saffold, both are really good at their positions.  I guess Saffold depends on his health but I never really understood why they felt the need to take him at #2 unless they were just so convinced by all the mockers that thats what they needed to do.  I assumed he would just start out at RT and maybe move Saffold inside but thankfully not our problem.

#23 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,773 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

Jordan Gross struggled early too.

The transition from college to pro is not easy for anyone. Guys "struggling" this early in the process is no shock. And frankly, as a predictor of his NFL future, it's largely meaningless.

People are way too eager to declare young guys 'boom' or 'bust'. At least let the kid take a snap in an NFL game first.

I'm thinking more about his confidence. He's pretty raw as it is and moving him to a different position could really do some damage to his confidence. He could be fine it just seems like a shitty move at this moment in time to me

#24 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,790 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

Lots of guys start at guard, less of a learning curve and it gives them time to get comfortable without being on an island at tackle.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

url-63.jpg

#25 CelticCat

CelticCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

Cowboys are doing the same with Zach Martin. Their "reach" for the center last year paid off.

But I can't help but think, they could have drafted Manziel (or Bridgewater), Ealy and Turner instead of Zack and DeMarcus. It'll be interesting to see how their careers develop.

#26 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

Its not even training camp yet.  You can't judge a lineman's value until he's put time in on the field.

#27 Stickman2

Stickman2

SUPER FAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

Hardy the kraken says:  Usually takes a year or two to adjust to the NFL. No worries ram fans

Answer under the article

#28 whatever

whatever

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

agreeing with anything that Florio says is always a bad idea. Greg Robinson will be a very good OL.

#29 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,731 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

They paid a shitton of money for Jake Long just last offseason.  Then they decided to resign Saffold, both are really good at their positions.  I guess Saffold depends on his health but I never really understood why they felt the need to take him at #2 unless they were just so convinced by all the mockers that thats what they needed to do.  I assumed he would just start out at RT and maybe move Saffold inside but thankfully not our problem.

This is probably the best explanation.

I remember wondering why the resigned Saffold while having Jake Long, even though Long was hurt.  Guess they have 3 "iffy" tackles now.

Jake coming off injury

Think Saffold failed his physical with Raiders

And Robinson rolling on square wheels.

I had originally thought they might cut Jake and we could pick him up

#30 whatever

whatever

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

That's insane. Look at who the Rams drafted with those picks. They raped the skins on the draft picks alone. What they did with those picks has been equally impressive.

Sure looks like the inept Rams blew what should have been a franchise changing trade with the Redskibs. But, they have parlayed multiple picks into hot garbage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com