• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MedellinHeel

Make or break year for Shula (I hope)

"We NEEED to get back to those high total scoring offenses and 6-10 records!11!!1"

OC is ALWAYS the most ridiculed coaching position by fans, usually by people who don't know what the hell they are talking about.

does possession = points? 

when did we start judging offenses on possession?

lol

PPG is the only stat that matters. 

This is the post where you should have just stopped

This is the post where you should have just stopped

Thats ok. 

Won't do you any good if you hold the ball for 15 and drive down to the opponents 40 and have to punt every time. 

22ppg is about as average as it gets. We need to be scoring 27-30+ppg. 

Thats ok. 

Won't do you any good if you hold the ball for 15 and drive down to the opponents 40 and have to punt every time. 

I'd rather win the NFC South than average 27-30 points

Thats ok. 

Won't do you any good if you hold the ball for 15 and drive down to the opponents 40 and have to punt every time

Not sure where you get that, Shula's offense was top 10 in the NFL in points per drive last year.

My main problem with Shula last year was that he gave up on what was working. During our midseason win streak, he was calling tons of short and mid range passing plays which Cam was nailing because our receivers were able to get open off the line. Then to end the season and into the playoffs, that got abandoned. He went back to slow developing routes which sputtered out and ended drives.

Whether that was actually Shula's play calling, or Cam wanting to force the big play, I'm not sure. But it was shades of Fox's "I know we just had record breaking rushing season, but let's have Delhomme pass it 50 times in Arizona" 2008.

The ONLY thing about last years Offense that I wish we can improve is the Red Zone efficiency. We went from one of the better teams, to average. That was when we started to struggle. If we can get back to top of the leagueish, which I think we can. We will be one scary/dangerous team.

Not sure where you get that, Shula's offense was top 10 in the NFL in points per drive last year.

Sometimes you just gotta let fans be fans. What they want, and what is reality are usually two different things.

We were very good moving the ball. If we can improve our Red Zone efficiency, and get back to where we were during our winning streak. We will be a team that actually does scare folks.

I'd rather win the NFC South than average 27-30 points

I'd rather have an offense that can get past the other two elite defenses in our conference and win the conference.

to be fair that's the down and distance where you wanna take a shot,and if you can't hit it you convert the easy 3rd or 4th and like 3 logically a defense wants to stop the short game and may not have the guys deep to defend, also kinda hard to call something short when the opponent gets tired of the short game and decides to load the box and come up in coverage 11 man box = 1on1 on the outside. So there

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

That's true but if the play takes too long to develop route wise (which was my point) all of that is moot. 

I'd rather have an offense that can get past the other two elite defenses in our conference and win the conference.

Didn't we beat SF at SF and take Seattle to the last possession last season?

We were more than capable of getting past them. 

There is a reason we reigned in the offense last season.... because it worked.

good luck.

seattle and san francisco went a combine 6-1 against top 10 offenses last season.

that includes seattle's  absolute dismantling of denver's highlight reel machine offense in the superbowl.  

Didn't we beat SF at SF and take Seattle to the last possession last season?

We were more than capable of getting past them. 

There is a reason we reigned in the offense last season.... because it worked.

yes and yes. but was it due to shula or our own elite defense?

good luck.

seattle and san francisco went a combine 6-1 against top 10 offenses last season.

that includes seattle's  absolute dismantling of denver's highlight reel machine offense in the superbowl.  

that's cool. we were a combined 1-2 against those two teams last year.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    HeyMsCarter

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts