Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 World Cup Final: Germany v. Argentina

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Who was the Man of the Match? Did they even announce it yet?

Should be Schweinsteiger. He took a beating but controlled play, completed 90% of his passes, and held Messi pretty much in check all game. Boateng and Goetze get the honorable mentions.

Posted · Report post

Schweinsteiger, Neuer, or Gotze would be my vote.  I always give Neuer a vote  =)

Posted · Report post

My Neighbor is from Argentina and I have a German National squad t-shirt.  I will cut my grass wearing that t-shirt from now on.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Keep in mind that Germany did this without Marco Reus. The future is bright for this German side.

BsdSp7JIEAIERhk.jpg

Glad to see them hang his shirt over the banner.

And Gundogan. Bright indeed.

Posted · Report post

[attachment=8962:ImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1405299614.542751.jpg]
How bad would you feel knowing this is what beat you?

Posted · Report post

My Neighbor is from Argentina and I have a German National squad t-shirt.  I will cut my grass wearing that t-shirt from now on.

You are the man.

I have have several Brazilian friends...some since pre-2002 and have not heard the end of it...I sent a message to them all after the semis..."I win"

Posted · Report post

I missed the finale. It's ok. I love both of these teams. Germany was going to win, and like I said, it wasn't going to be easy. From the highlights the Argentinans gave them a ball game. That goal though, Gotze is incredible. Deutschland has to be jammin' right now. All in all this tournament was great. There was plenty controversy but all in all it was a good tourny. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I missed the finale. It's ok. I love both of these teams. Germany was going to win, and like I said, it wasn't going to be easy. From the highlights the Argentinans gave them a ball game. That goal though, Gotze is incredible. Deutschland has to be jammin' right now. All in all this tournament was great. There was plenty controversy but all in all it was a good tourny. 

They did more than give us a ballgame, they had me shitting myself in parts of the first half and the first few minutes of the second half.  Great to see Gotze come on for Klose and win the thing...it is a true changing of the guard there.  The goal was phenomenal and set off a three minute period where I do not really remember exactly what happened...but it was great.  Until today my sports Mount Rushmore had three moments on it...there are now four.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Naaaiiice. Lovely greetings from Germany to CAR, who will be World Champs in Feb` 15 as well. Go Panthers!

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

do Germans get hangovers? if not, they probably will after tonight

99% don`t. I am among the 1% though.  :sick:

Posted · Report post

Nice Picture ;)

69299.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

See you in 4 years, now let's go back to real football !