100 replies to this topic

#31 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Whether we get lance or not. I like this signing. Roberts will surprise a lot of people.

I like him as well. He is a relatively unknown name but his numbers are great for the contract we gave him.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#32 Gay Cowboy

Gay Cowboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

Cho wouldn't have went dumpster diving for a cheap PG with all that cap space unless he had other plans.

I'll take his expertise over a teenage arm chair GM.

Edited by Gay Cowboy, 13 July 2014 - 03:18 PM.

#33 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Cho wouldn't have went dumpster diving for a cheap PG with all that cap space unless he had other plans.

I'll take his expertise over a teenage arm chair GM.

Who is asking you to take their "expertise" over anyone else's opinion? No one cares who you believe or what you do, any more than they care what I think, or any one else.

Disagreement is fine. Arguing is fine.

Edited by ThinkAboutIt, 13 July 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#34 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,399 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Or Cho could be saving money to re-sign Al, Kemba, and Biyombo. Which is sure to add another $10 mil to our salary cap next year.

#35 JJman

JJman

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,232 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

I'm a huge Stephenson advocate but I like this signing and I don't believe it affects our chances at getting Lance.

#36 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

Who is asking you to take their "expertise" over anyone else's opinion? No one cares who you believe or what you do, any more than they care what I thin, or any one else.

Disagreement is fine. Arguing is fine.

Overreaction when Lance has not signed and we still have the money to make a reasonable offer if we want, however, is not.

#37 JJman

JJman

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,232 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Or Cho could be saving money to re-sign Al, Kemba, and Biyombo. Which is sure to add another $10 mil to our salary cap next year.

Biyombo? And Al Jefferson's 13.5 million dollar hit on the cap is already close too enough to give him another deal.

#38 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,918 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

More like $9 to $10

Just be illogical with me on this!!  Geez.  You are probably right that we aren't even interested, but that takes all the fun out of it.

#39 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

If he truly believes Biyombo needs to be re-signed...oh, boy...

But that is for another thread next season.

#40 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

And the weakest position still hasn't been addressed, so if he did stop here, this offseason would be a failure.

It would be one of those "Marty Hurney" type moves where you ignore a position that is clearly a weakness and then expect people to start feeling better about that position because it looks like you don't think it's a weakness.

Nope. Not gonna work.

#41 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,918 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

Bonnell never mentioned we were interested in him, so I am not believing it

#42 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,127 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

And the weakest position still hasn't been addressed, so if he did stop here, this offseason would be a failure.

It would be one of those "Marty Hurney" type moves where you ignore a position that is clearly a weakness and then expect people to start feeling better about that position because it looks like you don't think it's a weakness.

Nope. Not gonna work.

He drafted a SG in the first round and you say it hasn't been addressed. Your Lance mancrush is making everyone uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone

#43 Biggdaddi1022

Biggdaddi1022

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

u io

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#44 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,399 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Biyombo? And Al Jefferson's 13.5 million dollar hit on the cap is already close too enough to give him another deal.

We may keep Biyombo, who know's... He's already making $4 mil so just add on $1 mil and give him $5 (+$1)

Also I'd be presently surprised if Al did not opt out next year if he has another All-NBA season. If he is All-NBA again, he could command $18 per (+$4.5)

With the way the market has unfolded this year, I'd be surprised if Kemba doesn't get $8.5 (+$5)

There goes $11 mil.

#45 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Overreaction when Lance has not signed and we still have the money to make a reasonable offer if we want, however, is not.

LIKE I SAID, "reasonable," as in, "we got outbid, but we tried."

Well, you didn't try hard enough, because you could've had more money to make a stronger bid if you didn't sign Marvin Williams and Brian Roberts first.

It's obvious, Cho, that you knew what you were doing...if you do make a "reasonable" offer and it falls short of someone else's. It wasn't made in good faith. You wanted it to fail. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users