Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Hurricanes Logo That Never Was

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Yeah I thought the overall design and jersey scheme was brutal.

It's a little too busy for me.

Posted · Report post

Looks more like the Carolina Clippers (the original Checkers franchise that re-located from Baltimore as the Clippers in the late 50s was the Charlotte Clippers until they had a name-the-team contest and Checkers won out.)

The nods to the Whalers seems like a slap in the face to Whaler fans. Can you imagine if OKC tried to add Sonics stuff into their brand?

agreed.  when a team moves, the old fans' hatred for the team becomes just as powerful as their past love for them.  Stealing the logo would be twisting the knife.

Posted · Report post

Looks more like the Carolina Clippers (the original Checkers franchise that re-located from Baltimore as the Clippers in the late 50s was the Charlotte Clippers until they had a name-the-team contest and Checkers won out.)

The nods to the Whalers seems like a slap in the face to Whaler fans. Can you imagine if OKC tried to add Sonics stuff into their brand?

Not only that, it's just fucking stupid. Why give a nod to the Whalers when just about all Canes fans don't give a shit about them?

Posted · Report post

Not only that, it's just fuging stupid. Why give a nod to the Whalers when just about all Canes fans don't give a poo about them?

Says the guy who loves Sevendust.

Posted · Report post

I wish Richardson would've listened to the NFL & used purple as the primary color. Then there would've been a better chance of the Canes sticking with purple.

Would've been neat to have all 3 pro franchises repping purple. Kinda like how the 3 Pittsburgh teams wear black & yellow.

Posted · Report post

Also, this logo was a million times better. One of the all-time greatest logos & colorways in all of sports.

220px-Hartford_Whalers_Logo-79-92.svg.pn

Posted · Report post

It's not that bad, in fact, the logo is pretty unique.

Not feeling the jerseys though

Posted · Report post

That alt logo could be badass if the color palette was changed a bit. 

I prefer the alt logo to all others, though. Should be our primary.

third_jersey2.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

i definitely prefer the "eye"

Posted · Report post

Something about them I like. But something else that I hate...probably because I don't see a "hurricane".  It looks like a homage to the Whalers which is understandable.

Posted · Report post

Also, this logo was a million times better. One of the all-time greatest logos & colorways in all of sports.

220px-Hartford_Whalers_Logo-79-92.svg.pn

Wish they would do a heritage series or some crap like that each year.

Posted · Report post

I love our alt logo