Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

long term deal for hardy was never in the plans

91 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure I would call Hardy a luxury

3 people like this

Posted

13 mil to help our weaknesses. It's not really that hard to understand.

Then you assume too much. The WR market was filled with guys like Decker who got overpaid. What? You think an extra 13 million would have persuaded Nicks to join us after taking less with The Colts?

The fact is we're repeating what got us to the dance in the first place. Defense, possession, and the run game.

Posted

I hope that the best situation for Greg pans out, whether it be in Carolina or somewhere else.

He went from a top 10 lock to a 5th round pick to a part of one of the most dominant DLs in the league.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Then you assume too much. The WR market was filled with guys like Decker who got overpaid. What? You think an extra 13 million would have persuaded Nicks to join us after taking less with The Colts?

The fact is we're repeating what got us to the dance in the first place. Defense, possession, and the run game.

Decker is a poor example.  He only got $15M guaranteed.  The Jets can walk away from that contract after two years with no penalty.  They got a good deal on Decker.

Posted

Protecting your franchise QB is more important than keeping a luxury player at DE.

In case you didn't notice, our pass blocking was poo last year too. Thus we adapted to defenses blitzing.

Posted

yeah, having 18mil tied up in rb's and a lb year after year isn't the same as keeping much more than a luxury in Hardy for 1 year..

the only spot I'm really concerned with is LT..  we'll have to see how that shakes out.  If they get some picks for Hardy then that's a major plus..

Posted

Decker is a poor example.  He only got $15M guaranteed.  The Jets can walk away from that contract after two years with no penalty.  They got a good deal on Decker.

Decker is barely a #2. He got exposed big time at the Super Bowl. I'm not so sure if it was a good deal.

Posted

You act like that's our only weakness. Other than WR, Offensive tackle and depth as well as CB are our weak points as well. We could've gotten at least 3 solid players to help in any of those areas.

Posted

Decker is barely a #2. He got exposed big time at the Super Bowl. I'm not so sure if it was a good deal.

Decker's a damn good WR.  That entire Denver offense got schooled in that SB.  Can't just blame it on one WR.  You tried to make a point and picked a bad example.  It happens to all of us.

Posted

Didnt plan to sign him long term this offseason, maybe giving him a prove it season

Posted

Keep in mind we had to apply the tag to Hardy before the draft. There was no guarantee we would get Ealy at that point.

Also, you cannot equate overpaying for RB's with DE's. One is a premium position (DE), the other is not.

7 people like this

Posted

not a fan of renting a guy in his prime for a year, hopefully something will get done. to play devils advocate, continuity could have been bringing back some of those DBs that signed else where such as Mitchell and Captain. it does not pertain only to the DL.

1 person likes this