• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Your GFs favorite huddler

Your GFs favorite huddler

• ALL-PRO
  • 914 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

I know this is the football forum but I think this news and signing has a bigger picture impact than some people may think...The Queen City is an amazing destination but not exactly a large market, with Cam emerging as an icon in a positive light and now a big name NBA player coming to CLT I think this will have a big impact on future FA signings in both sports when we get out of cap hell, and help to make CLT a more desirable location for big name athletes! People want to come play and be surrounded by other big name athletes! Granted this is only the beginning, we haven't even scratched the surface but I feel this is a huge step in the right direction for CLT area sports as a whole! Success breeds success! I for one am excited about the future of both our franchises!!!

#2 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,673 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

can he play LT?

#3 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Isn't there a lot of concerns regarding Stephenson that limited the interest he drew from other teams? 

Plus, while it's definitely a nice signing by the Hornets, Stephenson is a career 9 and 4 guy.  This past season was the first season he's ever averaged double digit points.  I think you're overstating the importance of this signing in terms of it altering the landscape in Charlotte.  They didn't exactly sign Lebron.  He's not a superstar, he's a nice complimentary player who I'm sure the Hornets are hoping can become more than that. 

#4 Your GFs favorite huddler

• ALL-PRO
  • 914 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

Isn't there a lot of concerns regarding Stephenson that limited the interest he drew from other teams?

Plus, while it's definitely a nice signing by the Hornets, Stephenson is a career 9 and 4 guy. This past season was the first season he's ever averaged double digit points. I think you're overstating the importance of this signing in terms of it altering the landscape in Charlotte. They didn't exactly sign Lebron. He's not a superstar, he's a nice complimentary player who I'm sure the Hornets are hoping can become more than that.

I'm not lumping him into the superstar category but there's no denying he's a big name signing, he wants to be an all star and has the ability to, it's only the beginning like I said it's a step in the right direction, I feel it will only benefit the area as a whole

#5 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

Who?

#6 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

I don't think that Lance quite has that value yet, however I do firmly believe that there's a big chance that he will have something close to it by when the time comes for him to get another new contract.

#7 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

#FireShula

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,246 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

can he play LT?

We already have a LT remember? She said her pain tolerance is high and she can get slapped around by a giant DE yet still run from the cops.

#8 Your GFs favorite huddler

• ALL-PRO
  • 914 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

Like it or not we are in the age of social media and marketing...we need to land players and names in both sports that we can market to compete with big markets city's...this isn't the 60s and 70s you need big names to attract other big names to the city as a whole....look at Cleveland, if you honestly think that Johnny football and the browns as a whole taking the right steps didn't make Cleveland a more attractive location for Lebron than you don't understand today's culture and mentality surrounding sports and marketing

#9 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

The whole Charlotte sports scene is looking bright as shiz

#10 lola

lola

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

I am so jacked up about our teams!

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#11 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

In sure athletes will be like "oh sweet Lance Stephenson plays here I wanna come to Charlotte!" I get what you're trying to say but I don't think it would make that much of a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#12 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,012 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Sorry guys, Warriors! !!

#13 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,914 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

Who is this guy and why is this in a Panthers forum?

I'm not thinking his signing with the Hornets is going to draw any interest from other NFL FA players...

Edited by Anybodyhome, 16 July 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#14 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

Sorry guys, Warriors! !!

Yeah, tell Steph to come on home where he belongs.  

#15 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

Like it or not we are in the age of social media and marketing...we need to land players and names in both sports that we can market to compete with big markets city's...this isn't the 60s and 70s you need big names to attract other big names to the city as a whole....look at Cleveland, if you honestly think that Johnny football and the browns as a whole taking the right steps didn't make Cleveland a more attractive location for Lebron than you don't understand today's culture and mentality surrounding sports and marketing

If you don't understand that Johnny Football isn't a flea on Lebron's nutsack then I don't know what to tell you.  Manziel going to Cleveland didn't have poo to do with Lebron's decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com