Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So now Mike Mitchell is suddenly a top 10 safety

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Rivera makes guys look better than they are. We have a good scheme here. Mike was over rated here. our secondary was garbaje going into the season

Wed have a top defense even with complete scrubs at every position

Posted

Mitchell was legitimately good last year.  I'd have loved for us to be able to keep him, but not at the price the Steelers offered.

1 person likes this

Posted

Matt Miller disrespecting the panthers again.....this time we are last for our secondary. Why does he hate us so much? All these reporters claiming well fall guess they all think last year was a fluke.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2130146-power-ranking-nfl-secondary-depth-charts

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Most of those guys think the Saints won the division last year.

Posted

Mitchell was legitimately good last year.  I'd have loved for us to be able to keep him, but not at the price the Steelers offered.

Agree. Not sure why everyone thinks he was so overrated. Mitchell set the tone in the defensive backfield. There were a few games last season where WRs were intimidated by him. Huge asset to any secondary.

Posted

Just like the knock on our receivers this year about how we have the worst in the league was the same thing they were saying last year about our dbs. They said on paper we had the worst secondary in the league and we finished 6th against the pass.

Funny how the tune changes and they say we are going to lose now because we lost captain and Mitchell.

I think decoud will end up being better for us than mike was.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

The natural evolution of this is a Bill Barnwell piece ripping the panthers for letting a top 10 safety walk.

Posted

Hes a real good safety, i  hope we dont miss him. I like him a lot, you cant hold oakland against him. 

Posted

Stop hating on Mike cuz he ain't here

Posted

Guess Moose taught me about contract years and we had quite a few of them last year with all the free agents after the season!!  When you look at them as a whole they went from middle low in pack to right up at top. 

Think a lot of what was happening in front of them made them what they were!  Seems like breathe holding happened a lot with  Mitchel too,Smith could get us a flag real fast and didn't seem to mind. 

Hope I'm not mistaken but I think our front 7 is gonna make the guys we got now really good. 

Posted

Speaking of compensatory picks... we should probably be getting quite a few of them next season, right? I haven't really thought about it.

Yes. Ginn, Munnerlyn, Mitchell and maybe one or two others should net us decent picks.

Posted

Can someone list 10 safeties they feel are ahead of him?

Let me start by saying I like Mitchell and I wanted to keep him.

Now for the list of 20 safeties (which includes 3 rookies) I would take over Mitchell. Mitchell would be my 21st choice of all safeties in the NFL.

Barry Church

Antrel Rolle

Earl Thomas

Eric Weddle

Antoine Bethea

Major Wright

Charles Woodson

Eric Berry

Kam Chancellor

Mark Barron

Calvin Pryor

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix