Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grantland's NBA Offseason Report Card

26 posts in this topic

Posted

42992446.jpg

We draft two steals in Vonleh/Hairston while making three trades on draft night to benefit the team. Follow that up by signing Stephenson/Williams and we get a B?

3 people like this

Posted

I think it's a fair grade.

Posted

I think people are very much overrating what Josh McRoberts is as a player. 

Sure he fit our team well and was one of Clifford's favorite players, but he was well below average before this past season.

I really don't think he will be missed all that much.  

5 people like this

Posted

There's a possibility that Clifford's system made Josh McRoberts.

McBob and Bosh play a very similar game and with both being on the floor at the same time, I think McBob could struggle this year.

Posted

Probably the best accolade that the writer gave us was in the Wizards section of the article.  As he said,  "They(Wizards) now join the Raptors and Hornets as the three teams with shockingly realistic chances of competing for the Eastern Conference crown."  When you look at it like that, it's a pretty nice complement to the Hornets.

BTW he's from DC and covers Football and basketball for SBNation.  So he's a Wizard homer.

2 people like this

Posted

Andrew Sharp isn't there to write serious articles...know the author before you judge his mostly satirical style/article 

Posted

The legend of McBob Jesus grows.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think people are very much overrating what Josh McRoberts is as a player.

Sure he fit our team well and was one of Clifford's favorite players, but he was well below average before this past season.

I really don't think he will be missed all that much.

This!

Fans are acting like we lost LBJ. McRob was an all around good player, but he should never have been a starter. Marvin Williams is a much better player.

Posted

B+/A- would be a my grade.

1 person likes this

Posted

If we got a B, that implies that there's something we could have realistically done to get an A. I honestly don't see how we could have done any better with the hand we had. A+ offseason, imo.

Posted

If we got a B, that implies that there's something we could have realistically done to get an A. I honestly don't see how we could have done any better with the hand we had. A+ offseason, imo.

Agreed. Unless they're implying signing a superstar is the only way to an A. This is the best offseason we've ever had IMO.

Sent from my iPhone