Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What $250,000 Buys You Around the Country

135 posts in this topic

Posted

I can't believe they didn't have anything from the most expensive place to live in the country.

Posted

A house like that from Georgia is so damn expensive here I would rather shoot myself

Posted

Meh. Life is about more than just your home. It's about your job, schools, entertainment, restaurants, people your own age, parks, recreation, etc. $250k could get you the biggest house in nowhereland Nebraska, but who the heck wants to live there?

4 people like this

Posted

Meh. Life is about more than just your home. It's about your job, schools, entertainment, restaurants, people your own age, parks, recreation, etc. $250k could get you the biggest house in nowhereland Nebraska, but who the heck wants to live there?

True to a degree.

Posted

Depends on how much land and if you own mineral rights.

2 people like this

Posted

$250,000 basically buys you a toilet seat in New Jersey

Posted

Depends on how much land and if you own mineral rights.

At my stage in life, I would much rather have land than a large home. 

1 person likes this

Posted

This is stupid because what $250,000 gets your can vary significantly just in your own city.

In some parts of Charlotte $250,000 will get you a 2500+ square foot brick home. In other areas, it will get you halfway to owning a three bedroom bungalow.

2 people like this

Posted

At my stage in life, I would much rather have land than a large home.

You're god damn right. We're not even considering a place without at least 80 acres. And they're all going for around 160-260

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

You're god damn right. We're not even considering a place without at least 80 acres. And they're all going for around 160-260

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Is that a typo? 80? 

Posted

For pie, can someone guess how much the house below costs. This is in Pasadena, CA. (I hate this place).

3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1,700 sq ft. Property is .27 acres (total).

l69f7c344-w0o.jpg