Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fansided.com: Team targeting Thaddeus Young

25 posts in this topic

Posted

It doesn't make a lot of sense unless we trade Marvin.

Does make sense.  Marvin would be in the perfect role if he was utilized as a heavy rotation guy as opposed to an every night starter.  Vonleh is 2 years away.  With Young and Williams our 2's could stretch the floor with Zeller primarily relieving Jefferson.

In the NBA your 2's can win or lose you the game.  You've got to take your 2nd squad just as seriously as your starters when it comes to attacking a defense.

Posted

Does make sense. Marvin would be in the perfect role if he was utilized as a heavy rotation guy as opposed to an every night starter.

That's right. Our 7 mil rotation player.

Posted

This hasn't been emphasized enough on here. Now we'll NEVER get the good player we all expected this offseason!

Miami just paid Josh McRoberts that for the next 4 years. Stretch fours and spacing are the hot commodities of today's NBA hence the prices.

Posted

This hasn't been emphasized enough on here. Now we'll NEVER get the good player we all expected this offseason!

Miami just paid Josh McRoberts that for the next 4 years. Stretch fours and spacing are the hot commodities of today's NBA hence the prices.

I'm pretty sure we've already gotten the good player we've all expected this season.

Posted

It's not that much in today's NBA. Williams could get 30 plus minutes as a back up because he can play the 3 or the 4.  It would be a shame if the team didn't take the chance to further improve their roster because they paid Marvin Williams a little bit more then the MLE. 

We all know that McBob took the contract in Miami and he's not gonna start there.

Posted

I'm pretty sure we've already gotten the good player we've all expected this season.

I should have specified sarcasm...

It's quite obvious that horse has been beaten into the ground.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not that much in today's NBA. Williams could get 30 plus minutes as a back up because he can play the 3 or the 4.  It would be a shame if the team didn't take the chance to further improve their roster because they paid Marvin Williams a little bit more then the MLE. 

We all know that McBob took the contract in Miami and he's not gonna start there.

I'm almost positive McRoberts is starting there next year. What is your 5?

Chalmers

Wade

Deng

McRoberts

Bosh

Posted

I'm almost positive McRoberts is starting there next year. What is your 5?

Chalmers

Wade

Deng

McRoberts

Bosh

Could very well be that.  My thinking is Miami may make a move to get a true 5 considering Bosh is best suited as a 4.

Posted

didn't we just sign Marvin Williams for this role?

Posted

Would love it.

Marvin could move to the 3.

Posted

He isn't exactly what we need but would represent an upgrade.

Posted

I wouldn't mind Young. He can play PF and SF which we need someone who can score at both positions. Bleacher report listed Young, Josh Smith, Greg Monroe and David West as some potential trade targets. I would love for us to trade for one of these guys by the trade deadline if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle