68 replies to this topic

#46 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

I saw him finally in a game and had to do a double take.

#47 General_Purr

General_Purr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMilky Way

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:34 AM

I like seeing him play against cocky deuche teams.. like the 49ers.... seattle... saints.. rams..

We need some fire to keep it rollin' but agreed we don't need useless penalties. Can give a game away real quick.

#48 Mol3m4n

Mol3m4n

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationMitchell, NC

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

I don't know why people are saying that they hate Norman trash talking. That's the thing I like most about him. I love someone that is tough and can get in someone's face. To me it shows such passion for the game. Why did we all love Smith and Mitchell? It was because of the same attitude that Norman displays.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#49 Mojo

Mojo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:17 AM

The people who like Norman recognize that fighter spirit or have a friend that's similar. Those that don't. Don't. He's the guy you always bring around because he's in it to win. But he's the same guy that starts a fight u dont want or need to get into. He reminds me of friends from home so i luh the guy. May be biased.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#50 MV%doe

MV%doe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

One thing I really like about norman, is he isn't scared to tackle. He has a almost safety like mind about hitting the person with the ball, man do I love that in a CB! Most times CB tackling is letting them past you and tackling form a side or back. Norman will meet you head-on and not care about the pain or injury factor. I still remember Norman being among the leaders in tackles as a CB during his rookie years(like 66 I think), a fantasy nut that enjoys IDP leagues sure was tankful for those few games!! Just stay out the dog house and be smart, then a new career will happen.

#51 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

We don't use a dime package. Luke and TD never leave the field.

Precisely 

#52 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:55 AM

He wasn't last night.

Well hell, neither was Melvin White, Cpt. Munnerlyn, Josh Thomas, or Drayton Florence last preseason.  They all started over him though in our 12-4 NFC championship season last year.

#53 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

We don't use a dime package. Luke and TD never leave the field.

What is this package actually called? Like what personnel? 

4 down linemen

2 backers

your other guys rotate in and out to match their opposite. Not a bad base. Always set for run, always set for pressure.

What would this be, on Madden, for example? 

#54 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,547 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:27 AM

What is this package actually called? Like what personnel? 

4 down linemen

2 backers

your other guys rotate in and out to match their opposite. Not a bad base. Always set for run, always set for pressure.

What would this be, on Madden, for example? 

Nickel

#55 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:03 AM

The thing about Norman is that he's a playmaker at CB and as a result he's a risk taker. His blown coverages are going to show up on the score sheet and his good reads probably have a good chance to do the same. He's not playing for base hits. That's the positive and negative of Norman. He doesn't let the play come to him naturally. He doesn't embrace the fact that his first job is to make sure his cover doesn't get open. He wants the ball coming his way because he wants the chance to make a play on it. And this defensive philosophy is about being risk averse in the secondary and letting the the pass rush do what they do. He's the kind of guy that can have 2 interceptions in a game and you're still not sure if he played well because of how many times he guessed wrong and gave up chunks of yardage before the pass rush could reach the quarterback.

We need CB's that realize their job is not to be noticed. To position themselves so that the ball doesn't come their way but be prepared for the chance that it may and do everything you can once the ball is in the air to deny the WR's chances and not focus exclusively on your own chances of picking it off. Creating turnovers should be something that a defense does naturally and not something you have to force.

With that said, I am a Josh Norman fan. I like him. I like his fire. I think if we can get him on board with the idea that a pass defended on 3rd down is just as important as an interception then he can have a place here. Or even better that coverage so strong that the QB avoids you all game is the ideal outcome of any play.

#56 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,902 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

As long as we don't have to see Godfrey cover anyone in any live game I'm cool with whoever.

#57 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

Its his inconsistency that kills him. That's his biggest problem.

#58 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

Norman has all the tools to be a pro bowler CB.

Btw that would be funny to start Big mouth Norman Vs Big mouth Smitty during the ravens game. :devil:

#59 Eminent Rogaine

Eminent Rogaine

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

His int was nice but I was more impressed with how he seemed to be all over the field making or helping with tackles. One that I can remember was Josh Thomas giving up a reception, not making a tackle, and Norman making the play from the other side. He isn't big but, as was mentioned, he does not back down.

I don't know enough about the CB techniques to know why he goes from lining up right in the WR's face to a 10 yd cushion seemingly on a whim but it does seem like consistency needs to improve a bit.

#60 Bogart

Bogart

Village Idiot

• ALL-PRO
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

Norman has all the tools to be a pro bowler CB.
Btw that would be funny to start Big mouth Norman Vs Big mouth Smitty during the ravens game. :devil:

I know, but Smith will eat his lunch in a battle of mind games.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Josh Norman, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com