#31 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

oh if they added a great pick in the mix of course

but I thought the proposed trade was MKG for Smith- that would be asinine 

We have no track record of how Rich Cho will operate with this roster as an up and coming contender, but he strikes me as the type of GM that is always looking to collect future assets and to this point has yet to trade away any players on rookie deals however flawed those young players he picked may be.

Like I said when a Rudy Gay deal was suggested, Josh Smith is one of those guys suggested every year for a team like Charlotte and every year it does not happen.

The ONLY way he fits with this team is he's a poster boy for our current acquisition strategy of acquiring talented yet flawed players and coaching toward maximizing their strengths and minimizing their flaws. That's it. 

#32 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

We have no track record of how Rich Cho will operate with this roster as an up and coming contender, but he strikes me as the type of GM that is always looking to collect future assets and to this point has yet to trade away any players on rookie deals however flawed those young players he picked may be.

Like I said when a Rudy Gay deal was suggested, Josh Smith is one of those guys suggested every year for a team like Charlotte and every year it does not happen.

The ONLY way he fits with this team is he's a poster boy for our current acquisition strategy of acquiring talented yet flawed players and coaching toward maximizing their strengths and minimizing their flaws. That's it. 

what? I'm not arguing with you

#33 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

I would hold onto MKG. I think Josh Smith is a good player but I think MKG has yet to reach his ceiling so we could end up loosing on the trade. Also I would still keep Henderson until PJ has proven himself. It's always better to have depth opposed to having a great starting 5 with no depth. Right now we have a good amount of depth in the backcourt and if we do that trade we will loose it.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#34 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

what? I'm not arguing with you

I know. I like to ramble too much.

#35 Omega Atrocity

Omega Atrocity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • LocationWestern NC

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

I'll sob if we do this, though I'm sure this is 100% speculation by the author.

His deal is absolute poo, he is under contract through 2017-18 at $13.5 million per. That is the same yearly salary as Jefferson. It would annihilate our cap space for the next three years for a player I wouldn't want at $6 million per.

Edited by Omega Atrocity, 19 August 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#36 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,035 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

I'm admittedly not the biggest mkg fan, however having said that I think j smoove would be a bad fit on this roster.

#37 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

I'd be the first one to buy a Josh Smith Hornets jersey. Was always a fan of his. Detroit was just a bad, bad, very bad fit for him.

I think he's the missing piece to our young team. Smith brings veteran presence, physicality, and playoffs experience to add with Jefferson and Lance. He'd be a very good fit in my opinion.

PG: Kemba Walker / Roberts / Pargo
SG: Lance Stephenson / Gary Neal / PJ Hairston
SF: MKG / Marvin Williams / Jeff Taylor
PF: Josh Smith / Noah Vonleh
C: Al Jefferson / Bismack Biyombo / Cody Zeller

That's a killer lineup and depth. Can't see why that team wouldn't be able to take a Cavs team of Irving, LBJ, and Love all the way to game 7 in the playoffs.

#38 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

Come on chuck, he is a brick mason.

#39 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

Come on chuck, he is a brick mason.

I still like him especially under Coach Cliff

#40 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

I still like him especially under Coach Cliff

He proved this season he can't stretch the floor from the 4 so I don't like him at all under coach Clifford.

#41 MV%doe

MV%doe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

Need a third team for trade excep/ salary issues. plus right now no team would sign smith to a three year deal worth 40,500,000........ no one. He'd even find getting 10 per for three a very tough sale. I like his game, but that's mainly cause I've rode him in fantasy for many years, even before he was a high pick.

#42 333hornets

333hornets

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

I wouldn't trade any draft picks for Josh Smith. I would do everything possible to hang onto Zeller and MKG. The Pistons are looking to get rid of him which is obvious, they have a PF playing SF. He shot 38% last year averaging 16 and 8. I do think that if you could package Hendo,Neal and maybe a second round pick for him I take it. The only issue I see is resigning the young talent on our roster which is key going forward. Smith's contract pretty much takes up the rest of the room going forward. 

If we did get Smith I would be very interested in bringing him off the bench, if he accepts that role it would be a nightmare for other teams trying to match up with him against their second units. It would also allow him to be the first option and play inside which I feel is a strength of his.

#43 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

Need a third team for trade excep/ salary issues. plus right now no team would sign smith to a three year deal worth 40,500,000........ no one. He'd even find getting 10 per for three a very tough sale. I like his game, but that's mainly cause I've rode him in fantasy for many years, even before he was a high pick.

Is there a way he could redo his contract?

#44 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

I think I'm the only one who actually like this idea of adding Smith; other than his contract.

Smith is a PF!!!; fug the he can't be a stretch4 poo. He's an effective low post player and shot blocking/defensive presence that would go well with Jefferson inside.

Smith is the perfect player and an upgrade to replace McRob. His passing abilities would free Kemba and Lance for more open shots outside.

Smith was bad last year bc he was forced to play the 3 which isn't his position. He took a lot of clunkers due to that. It was a bad fit from the start for both Smith and Monroe.

In no hell would I give up MKG, but I think a deal of Hendo, Biyombo, and pick(s) would do it.

Smith and Lance should make our defense + passing game even better.

Edited by carolina-chuck, 20 August 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#45 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

Is there a way he could redo his contract?

No. This is not the NFL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users