1. Luke played very few snaps, and ben jacobs just doesn't play like luke.
2. We talk about Oline play, Trai was out this game and i believe that makes a difference in the run game.
3. Cam is still shaking the rust off and seemed to me on a few of the third downs we did not convert in the regular season cam makes guys miss and converts. He is building charisma with this receiving core so he sat in the pocket longer.
4. Charles Johnson didn't play a snap, and hardy was limited. With those guys not on the field our defense is no where near the same. I can say confidently that CJ and Hardy both playing all four quarters are coming out with at least 4 sacks.
5. All this talk about shula this shula that, ITS PRESEASON why would he utilize the whole playbook. Anybody else recognize that we were 5 for 5 up until this game in redzone scoring.
6. How many third down stops were nullified by a bogus penalty that wont be called in the regular season, the refs admitted when preseason began that more flags will be thrown in order to show where they plan to enforce more strictly. Not to mention the players and coaches will pick up on these flags and will be more disciplined when then reg season begins.
7. And the obvious, it was a short week and NE had more time to prepare.
There are a few more things i could state and point out that were positive from this game though admittedly this game was not pretty. But any fair weather fan could point out how pitiful it was but the true fans regardless of the outcome try to
Point out the bright spots and realize that this game doesn't mean poo. No reason to panic, i trust in this team and the staff and there is no doubt in my mind we will field a competitive team with a strong D and a chain moving offense. Besides games such as these are far easier to learn from than a W. Keep your head up Huddlers the sky isn't falling. You have freedom to pout if we have a showing like this in the regular season. Take this one with a grain of salt.
Edited by Diehardpanther02, 22 August 2014 - 09:33 PM.