• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 89PantherFan1

89PantherFan1

• ALL-PRO
  • 19 posts
  • LocationMt.

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

I look forward to these more than I look forward to my morning poop.

#17 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

I am amazed at how many people don't think Bersin is that good because he played on the practice squad last year.  

Of course the reasoning is that he is playing against second and third team players.  Rightly so, but he doesn't control when he plays.  But when he is put into the game he performs.

I think he has earned the right to win the #2 spot.  You don't know if he will succeed unless you put him in there with the first team.  

I'm betting he makes a difference.

#18 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,604 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

I think the Pats did something more teams will be doing against our front 4. Keeping 6-7 in to block, and using the dink and dunk approach. I know it's preseason, and we didn't adjust to it. Which I think will be addressed moreso in the regular season.

It is something I wish we did more of. Quicker patterns to keep Defenses honest.

#19 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:08 PM

Star looked great, sack and chased down the running backs.

TD looked awesome with that suplex. Stud. Was it Klein that got burned on that rb wheel route?

KB is just exciting to watch. Can't wait to see him to continue to develop. U can tell he's got the timing down with cam, more so than any other receiver.

Is like to see Stewart start and agree with zods thread on dwill being the 3rd. He just doesn't have the quickness to get through those holes anymore (even the oline wasn't opening many holes).

Great photos and write up per usual zod, even though we had a night that we'd like to forget.

I do like the play calling on our first drive though. I almost spit out my Cheetos when we came out passing instead of the handoff to dwill for no gain.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#20 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

KB > Revis.

Would love to see some of the Benji Gifs from the Pats game if anyone has any or know where to get them from.    The high one where he plucked the ball out of the air like it was nothing against Revis,  especially.

#21 Jacob

Jacob

• ALL-PRO
  • 241 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

If there's one thing that pisses me off to no end, it J Stew's contract. But he's a beast when he's healthy and on the field. Hope he does big things this year. We're going to need it. Great photos, by the way.

#22 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,446 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

Lol that JA KB pic is not good at all lol

But when I look at the pic, one thing screams out at me, actually 2 lol but...

The way they're holding him and the look tells me he's going to be a problem for defenses and they will definitely focus in on him. Which is pretty amazing cause he's a rookie, but it just means we NEED others to step up

#23 ACobra289

ACobra289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

Has Star slimmed down some from last year?

#24 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

The Panthers suck, no receivers outside of Benji, well maybe Bersin.  We don't want to run 2 te sets.  The oline can't open  a gap to get a worm thru.  The corners looked out matched a lot and if Decoud is out there, big chunk plays majority of the game.  Wtf is Gettleman thinking this year?

Edited by ThunderKatt, 24 August 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#25 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

great great post and pics as always.

just a heads up put a NSFW tag on that Brady one, no one wants to see his bikini line

#26 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

Did Cam fuss at Avant after he said something to Cam after a 3rd down attempt that failed? Anyone catch that?

#27 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

If Cam is hobbled this year, get ready for a lot more teams letting there DL pin their ears back and attacking. You may want to consider employing some quicker passes and screens if you want to keep teams off balance, and cam upright.

holy poo, you could be our offensive coordinator................

#28 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,920 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

I feel we've found our #1 and #2 to be honest. KB and Bersin. I kid you not I really like how Bersin plays, he's an all around player. Catches, runs crisp routes, has sure hands, blocks decently. I'd ilke to see him run with the ones. 

#29 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,457 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:19 AM

Great write-up again Jeremy. Thanks for it.

I think at least 50% of the fan base wants to see Sunshine rung with the 1's to see how he does. I'd not mind a look see myself. But with him playing the 2nd and 3rds most time time, I hope it works out that he can so what he has been lately with the opportunity when it comes up.

I am now kinda worried about the secondary for sure, more so due to injuries happening than anything else. We need that bug to move the hell on.

#30 IMissChrisWeinke

IMissChrisWeinke

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

Brenton is good enough to be a number two receiver, but he won't be until late this season when he builds chemistry with Cam. It seems like KB is the only one with chemistry, and even Olsen has seemed to be put beyond the back burner. I agree with Avant that they were getting open, but if you're not getting open where the QB feels comfortable throwing then that there's no point.

That's why Rivera wants Cam to step up as a passer. As good as a scrambler that he is, he has a strong enough arm and the moxie to make those Brady-esque passes and combine his running with his arm -- something Vick didn't do completely.

But I also think that veterans are sometimes just too set in their ways and cannot adapt to a dynamic quarterback like Cam. Underwood proves this point. Avant and Cotchery need to mold once again to Cam if the Panthers are to make a Super Bowl run.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, New England Patriots, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com