Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NfL.com: Cam has taken 467 hits or sacks in three years

96 posts in this topic

Posted

They didn't say if they included his rushing atempts in that stat.I hope so for his sake.

Posted

They make it sound Cam is getting assaulted every game and can't last one more year in the league. Weird they didn't give details what kind of hits.

Posted

The amount of denial on this forum is a little scary. If this style of play continues he will not have a healthy 15 year career.

That much is obvious.

There is going to come a time when he either fully gets it in the pocket or were going to have Steve McNair 2.0. McNair played for 13 or 14 years but he was often injured and had concussion problems.

The only question is if cam can live in the pocket by the time he's 30. I don't think he'll be nearly as affective but who knows, he has progressed in the pocket thus far.

Posted

The amount of denial on this forum is a little scary. If this style of play continues he will not have a healthy 15 year career.

We aren't talking about rgknee here, cams going to run he's going to get tackled. But at 6'5 240 dbs arent going to lay the wood on you like someone 5'11 190. Cam could play te at his size. This is football he's going to get knicked up, but it's much less likely he gets hurt running the football in the open field verse getting rolled up on in the pocket. Why would you want to take away something he's so good at because he might get hurt. Just sit him on the bench then.

Posted

Who is in denial? No, he won't play 15 years doing what he does.

But why draft Cam Newton if you aren't going to let him be Cam for as long as he can be. Overall he plays smart given his size.

People get hurt in football. Brady, Manning, Rodgers....doesn't matter.

5 people like this

Posted

We aren't talking about rgknee here, cams going to run he's going to get tackled. But at 6'5 240 dbs arent going to lay the wood on you like someone 5'11 190. Cam could play te at his size. This is football he's going to get knicked up, but it's much less likely he gets hurt running the football in the open field verse getting rolled up on in the pocket. Why would you want to take away something he's so good at because he might get hurt. Just sit him on the bench then.

The hits will catch up to him eventually especially as he gets older and his athleticism diminishes.

We sometimes forget superman is human.

1 person likes this

Posted

So a hit is lightly hand touching cam after he drives for yards? Even on sacks, they where not "omg is he dead?!!?" I cannt recall seeing cam getting a few lott/atwater type hits. Yep too many, but not running back type punishment.

Posted

The hits will catch up to him eventually especially as he gets older and his athleticism diminishes.

We sometimes forget superman is human.

That's with anyone. I've always assumed cam at his best was going to be about his third season to his 8th, he isn't going to be good as long as Brady, manning and brees. I just assumed that was a given.

Posted

The irony of it is that in a real game Cam tries to run through the defenders and doesn't expose his back the way he did but because it was preseason he tried to protect himself and exposed himself to injury.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's with anyone. I've always assumed cam at his best was going to be about his third season to his 8th, he isn't going to be good as long as Brady, manning and brees. I just assumed that was a given.

Some people don't see it that way because he's tough as poo and rarely shows pain he just gets up and runs it off.

I think cam has what it takes mentally to add 3 or 4 more years. Especially if we keep drafting talent like Benjamin.

Posted

Newton has 367 rush attempts...no other QB has that to skew the stats

And yet Cam has had more passing attempts in the pocket than RG3, Wilson and Kaeperdick. The point remains, Cam has taken too many hits already.

Posted

How many of those hits or sacks were actually in the pocket?